Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Adding a Harness Break

Quote Originally Posted by Tel View Post
    What? You mean you weighed up all the pros and cons with practical experience of both, coming to an objective decision that suits
    your own personal risk assessment, while at the same time not taking the p*ss out of those that dare come to a different POV

If only all divers were like that
    Yep if only all divers were like that (stuff me, you’re repeating my quotes to you from 2010 and earlier) I have those as well

I dive a OPH properly fitted, I dive ribs both OC and CCR with the same rig.

Although I understand people do dive adjustable systems, and those people may also offer up alternative garage doors as equally acceptable solutions.

Bifold being one option.

They work as garage doors as well.

They may not be an up and over, they may not be a roller. But they work. I have pictures

B
    Last edited by Barrygoss; 09-11-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrygoss View Post
    Yep if only all divers were like that (stuff me, you’re repeating my quotes to you from 2010 and earlier) I have those as well

Although I understand people do dive adjustable systems, and those people may also offer up alternative garage doors as equally acceptable solutions.

Bifold being one option.

They may not be an up and over, they may not be a roller. But they work. I have pictures

B
    I understand it may also be possible, although judging by the pictures, rather I'll advised, to make a whole garage badly out of regular doors...

Is that right, Barry?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Barrygoss View Post

Bifold being one option.

B

Yes yes but GUE divers insisting we use low tec conventional double opening doors to avoid the unnecessary complexity of electric consateena doors are TOTALY ignoring the the people with fitness and disability issues who cant easily bend down to open the floor bolts on said doors and ther coments that they should train in order to be able to do this are frankly insulting agest fattist and a few other ists I cant think of right now

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Shirley the only things that matters is that you can properly use your kit config, that you regularly practice, and that you're not a danger/embuggerance to other divers.

(If I've correctly interpreted this thread drift as it's such a long way from harness breaks)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Does sex appeal count for nothing?
    The adverts with hot young lady divers in full plastic clippary. Im sold.

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase View Post
    Yes yes but GUE divers insisting we use low tec conventional double opening doors to avoid the unnecessary complexity of electric consateena doors are TOTALY ignoring the the people with fitness and disability issues who cant easily bend down to open the floor bolts on said doors and ther coments that they should train in order to be able to do this are frankly insulting agest fattist and a few other ists I cant think of right now
    NO NO NO... you don't get it! Its special low tec garage doors from one manufacturer with special stainless floor bolts... Otherwise how will you know how to open your buddy's garage?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I adjusted the OPH harness before a weekend of diving and was pleasantly surprised to find the following:

The unit did not fall off
    The unit did not float above me like a barrage balloon
    I could move gas both into and out of the unit without excess effort
    It was easier to get into/out of
    No-one had to cut me out of it

The only real downside was that I reset the shoulder d-rings a tad high so stages were a bit snug but have dropped them now.

I don't recall seeing any garage doors on any of the wrecks.........but then again we didn't dive the M2.
    Last edited by JonG; 16-11-2018 at 05:10 PM.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonG View Post
    I adjusted the OPH harness before a weekend of diving and was pleasantly surprised to find the following:

The unit did not fall off
    The unit did not float above me like a barrage balloon
    I could move gas both into and out of the unit without excess effort
    It was easier to get into/out of
    No-one had to cut me out of it

The only real downside was that I reset the shoulder d-rings a tad high so stages were a bit snug but have dropped them now.

I don't recall seeing any garage doors on any of the wrecks.........but then again we didn't dive the M2.
    Nice M2 reference... ��

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516