Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: NEC Dive show.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

NEC Dive show.

Don’t know if many TDF’ers went/are going, but I went down today and had a great time.

Bought some shiny stuff and a few bits for my camera, listened to a few very informative talks, and met some nice folk, including a guy from Bristol who very kindly offered me a spare ticket he had after I told him I hadn’t been emailed mine. I didn’t need to take him up on his offer as ticket office soon sorted it out, but it was a lovely gesture. There were plenty of folk spending plenty of money, even though the show itself is definitely getting smaller, but I had an enjoyable day out.

And I managed to drop into my beloved Steel City on the way home for a pot of tea and a catch-up with my big sister, then came incredibly close to running my van out of diesel on the way home, then had a hilarious (hands free) conversation with a complete stranger who rang my number by mistake! All in all, a good day out

Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Each year was smaller than the last with less & less turning up. But it was still a great day with a bunch of great talks happening on a number of stages.

Even mine ended up as standing room only.

TG

Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk
    6m on a platform, deep on helium or exploring a cave. I'm happy being in the water.
    My pages:
    l website l Facebook l YouTube l Blogger l Google+ l Linkedin l Vimeo l

Part time bubble-free.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    It did seem busier this year than I remember. Maybe not in terms of numbers of people, in terms of people actually "doing things" rather than tyre kicking, but that could be just because I was full of cold, jetlagged to hell and back, and only barely coherent (even by my standards).

Nice to see quite a few friends (expected and unexpected) there too!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Sad to say I gave up on dive shows a few years back now.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Didn't go but I guess it is in the same vicious circle as most exhibitions - the cost of space makes it very hard for firms to justify the cost of a stand as most need a good footfall to make it worthwhile which means less reason for people to go which means less reason for firms to want stands.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We went on 27th I thought it was busy and a lot of the talks were standing room only. We caught up with some old friends and my OH has new exotic diving plans. I didn't win any prize draws (I really wanted the new gopro 7 black) as we are going snorkelling with Humpbacks off Dominican republic in March!!
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was there volunteering on the bite-back stand both days. The show was smaller but we were really busy. I caught up with lots of friends, bought a couple of things and am well underway with planning my Komodo trip. I had a great weekend but I guess it really depends on what you want as to whether you would enjoy it or not!
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was there because I was on stage, but truth be told, I’d be there anyway. For the social & talks if nothing else.

TG

Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk
    6m on a platform, deep on helium or exploring a cave. I'm happy being in the water.
    My pages:
    l website l Facebook l YouTube l Blogger l Google+ l Linkedin l Vimeo l

I used to be Cheeky UnCheeky Monkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smileydiver View Post
    I was there volunteering on the bite-back stand both days
    I bought many things from you on Saturday (well, not you personally actually, but...)

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCheeky Monkey View Post
    I bought many things from you on Saturday (well, not you personally actually, but...)
    Excellent, thank you . I volunteer at all the shows they go to as they are a small charity so it is all hands on deck for the shows! I am always surprised when people ask if they cover our travel and accommodation. The answer is no, volunteers cover all costs or it isn't actually that much help lol. Your money will all have gone directly to the charity
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau