Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitlow View Post
    Although I wonder how comfortable you might be offering that long hose to a complete stranger whose only claim to fame is being dumb enough to run out of gas? The moment you do that you have committed yourself to joining them in their incident pit and have yet to make a controlled ascent to the surface with the potential of deco stops to maintain.
    Oh come on.
    Most long hose users would rejoice.
    "At last I get to donate my long hose for real and justify ten years of web-bitching about how good it is."
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    Oh come on.
    Most long hose users would rejoice.
    "At last I get to donate my long hose for real and justify ten years of web-bitching about how good it is."
    There is that
    As I recall, outside training, the only time I did donate was when my (single tank) buddy was indicating he'd reached the agreed gas level to ascend but I had plenty of gas and wanted a longer dive, even though it was a rather uninteresting drift. He was a little surprised and accepted the gas and we continued for a while longer before ascending. At the time he was working towards his sports diver and whenever the AS drill arose he turned into a stressed diver and went vertical and finning. Somehow the normality of receiving gas during this dive broke fixed that issue so everyone was happy.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitlow View Post
    Although I wonder how comfortable you might be offering that long hose to a complete stranger whose only claim to fame is being dumb enough to run out of gas? The moment you do that you have committed yourself to joining them in their incident pit and have yet to make a controlled ascent to the surface with the potential of deco stops to maintain.
    I'd be less than comfortable if I didn't try to help another diver. Dumb otherwise. You commited yourself to the potential of helping someone or needing help yourself the moment you decided to go diving.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345