Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Newbie: help with Suunto Vyper Novo

My husband and I are recently qualified PADiís And we have bought 2 suunto Novo Vypers. One new and one second hand from e-bay.
    I have downloaded the Suunto D5 Software and paired/connected my new one but canít find any info anywhere on how to RESET the previously owned one so that when we connect the previous owners dives will not come over.
    Is there a way to RESET back to factory settings or some 1/3 party software that is easy to use.

Your help is much appreciated.

Debs x

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Have you tried using subsurface rather than the Suunto software? Nice, totally free dive log software that supports a wide variety of computers

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't think so, no.

However, once you've downloaded everything into DM5 you can delete the earlier dives from DM5 and then next time you sync it should just download the new dives.

Established TDF Member witchieblackcat's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Unless Suunto have changed the way they do things then you can't remove old profiles from the computer but as Moleshome says you can suppress it with the software.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There used to be a program that someone wrote which erased suunto computers. I used it on a second hand computer I purchased quite a while back. I found it after searching on google and going though the results. Not sure if itís still about but it definitely worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked_Diver View Post
    There used to be a program that someone wrote which erased suunto computers. I used it on a second hand computer I purchased quite a while back. I found it after searching on google and going though the results. Not sure if it’s still about but it definitely worked for me.

This one?
    http://www.divinglog.com/tools/DCEraserV3.0.zip
    Use at your own risk!

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by witchieblackcat View Post
    This one?
    http://www.divinglog.com/tools/DCEraserV3.0.zip
    Use at your own risk!
    The link wonít load for me at the moment, I really can remember what the website looked like by there was a PayPal link for donations I do remember that.

I plugged the computer in, took a deep breath and hoped for the best! It worked and the computer still works many years later!

Part time bubble-free.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I have a copy of the eraser software somewhere I think but that was for the old Vypers/Gekkos etc. I have no idea if it would work for the new computers... if the OP wants to risk it, they're welcome to PM me but:

IF YOU USE THE SOFTWARE AND IT WRECKS YOUR COMPUTER, that's your responsibility!

... and if that wasn't clear enough, I wouldn't risk it myself on a modern computer like a Vyper Novo personally. Your call, OP. PM me if interested.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked_Diver View Post
    The link won’t load for me at the moment, I really can remember what the website looked like by there was a PayPal link for donations I do remember that.

I plugged the computer in, took a deep breath and hoped for the best! It worked and the computer still works many years later!

The link goes to a zip file with the program. No idea if the program works or is malware.