Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ok this did make me laugh... I'm sure it would not have been fun for the people on the plane but amazing there were no serious injuries.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Some friends en route to Chuuk got diverted as a result of this - they are currently on a different island minus a lot of their kit...

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I saw that the locals rushed out to help in the rescue. If it was anything like three years ago when we were there and two out of the three liveaboards operating in Chu'uk got blown onto shore by a typhoon, they were probably seeing what they could loot!

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    I saw that the locals rushed out to help in the rescue. If it was anything like three years ago when we were there and two out of the three liveaboards operating in Chu'uk got blown onto shore by a typhoon, they were probably seeing what they could loot!
    Not pointing any fingers or blame but yes i agree with you a little Allan. I was supposed to be on the 'truk siren' in 2016 ( i think it was 2016 time is all relatively a muddle for me nowadays hehe ) and yes the boat was grounded and seriously damaged by the typhoon. Then in the aftermath it was looted and damaged with fixtures and fittings stolen, windows smashed etc... and then two weeks later the owners were planning to refloat the boat it was again attacked and the set alight by said looters if i remember correctly !! Such a shame but alas we then were re scheduled to the 'Truk Master ' and had a ball of a time !!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It was 2015. The typhoon went through on Palm Sunday and we arrived on Good Friday. This is what Truk Siren and Odyssey looked like after the beaching but before Truk Siren was burned to the waterline. Sorry quality is not good but taken with my underwater camera and there was a bit of condensation in it.

Truk Odyssey