Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And I thought that the seals in the Farnes were playful!

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When I look at a seal, I think "Large, fast, strong carnivorous predator with big teeth."
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    When I look at a seal, I think "Large, fast, strong carnivorous predator with big teeth."
    When I look at a seal I think adorable playful sea puppy... I'll be happier, but you'll probably live longer steelmonkey

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A couple of years ago, one of our divers had his hood pulled off by a large bull seal which opened its mouth wide enough to encompass the divers head just above his ears and pulled up on it. Bite was not hard enough to do any damage to the divers skin and fortunately, he had decades of experience and didn't panic but it could have been very nasty for a novice.

I love diving with seals but I'm always very careful because I respect their power - just like sharks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManualOverride View Post
    When I look at a seal I think adorable playful sea puppy... I'll be happier, but you'll probably live longer steelmonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post

I love diving with seals but I'm always very careful because I respect their power - just like sharks.
    I am very happy to dive with seals, I just treat them with respect and don't presume they are playful. Even when they are being playful they can do damage.
    I once got badly scratched on my shoulder by a baby tiger that used me as a launch pad to get to his sibling.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Procrastinating
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I am very happy to dive with seals, I just treat them with respect and don't presume they are playful. Even when they are being playful they can do damage.
    I once got badly scratched on my shoulder by a baby tiger that used me as a launch pad to get to his sibling.
    During a dive??

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why not?
    Paul.

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    A couple of years ago, one of our divers had his hood pulled off by a large bull seal which opened its mouth wide enough to encompass the divers head just above his ears and pulled up on it. Bite was not hard enough to do any damage to the divers skin and fortunately, he had decades of experience and didn't panic but it could have been very nasty for a novice.

Did he get his mask back?
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine French critic and historian (1828-93)

Established TDF Member bubbleless's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agile with Claws.......