Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by germie View Post
    ... I can do a quite long bottomtimes on a twin12. Airconsumption 12-14L/min Otherwise I take an extra bottomstage (but that means another course most times)....
    That's an interesting one, if you're qualified to whatever depth using whatever gas, does the qualification restrict how you carry said gas?

example take a normal 40m dive can you take twin 12's or can you take twin 10's and a 4l bottom stage?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    That's an interesting one, if you're qualified to whatever depth using whatever gas, does the qualification restrict how you carry said gas?

example take a normal 40m dive can you take twin 12's or can you take twin 10's and a 4l bottom stage?

You can take anything you like. Your qualified for the gas and the depth on OC or CCR and if decompression on enriched gas.

Full trimix OC TDI included travel gas. Which is essential for Hypoxic mixes. SO you had a travel stage to get you down to back gas depth or max PP02 for said travel gas.

I have never used a bottom stage as usualy its unnecessary just as long as your travel and deco stages start deep. So with a 21/35 travel gas id drop to 6m and switch then use it for deco from 66m on the way up

On say a 90m dive, id only need to do bottom time + apx 30m of ascent / decent

The problem with bottom stages is that its yet another deco stage to carry. Once you get to the depth where they are useful you would probably have three deco stages anyway.

This is where OC gets expensive again.

When I did OX trimix I had two sets of twin 12s and two sets of twin 15s. And I also had six 10ltr deco stages and four 7ltrs

Cost was about the same as a CCR and don't even talk about 02 clean cost

Most of my tanks but not all from my OC days

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...adsoftanks.jpg

Last edited by Mark Chase; 04-10-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase View Post
    You can take anything you like. Your qualified for the gas and the depth on OC or CCR and if decompression on enriched gas.

Full trimix OC TDI included travel gas. Which is essential for Hypoxic mixes. SO you had a travel stage to get you down to back gas depth or max PP02 for said travel gas.

I have never used a bottom stage as usualy its unnecessary just as long as your travel and deco stages start deep. So with a 21/35 travel gas id drop to 6m and switch then use it for deco from 66m on the way up

On say a 90m dive, id only need to do bottom time + apx 30m of ascent / decent

The problem with bottom stages is that its yet another deco stage to carry. Once you get to the depth where they are useful you would probably have three deco stages anyway.

This is where OC gets expensive again.

When I did OX trimix I had two sets of twin 12s and two sets of twin 15s. And I also had six 10ltr deco stages and four 7ltrs

Cost was about the same as a CCR and don't even talk about 02 clean cost

Most of my tanks but not all from my OC days

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...adsoftanks.jpg

I'd pretty much agree.

One exception being that I like to use a bottom stage on 2 dive back gas nitrox days. I am a bit of a gas pig, maybe 20 l/min, so I find that the Al80 gives me enough to do two really long dives with a smidge of back gas deco, by using the stage on the first dive before switching to the twinset.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_6301 View Post
    I am a bit of a gas pig, maybe 20 l/min,.
    Yes I remember your last experience dive on t1 I had more than 200b left and fair size lobster . Balf got crabs 🤣🤣🤣

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    Yes I remember your last experience dive on t1 I had more than 200b left and fair size lobster . Balf got crabs 🤣🤣🤣
    It was a good night out in the muff, I just didn't realise he caught an STD. I thought matelots were immune?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    GUE Instructor

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567