Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Powder coating dive weights

We are now powder coating dive weights - spray (not dip) - in a colour of your choice (as long as we have it in stock - we have over 100 colours in stock - if you want a specific colour we don't have then that will be reflected in the price). We are in Wolverhampton - here is our website (yes, I know it is not the world's greatest and no, I didn't choose the name).
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If I was nearer I'd be interested. The coating on the weight of my Halcyon single tank adaptor flaked off so I'd like to get that re-done. I'm happy using it without the coating but it would look nicer with the coating.

Gobbie squaddie, average diver timmyg's Avatar
    Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Roughly how much are we looking at per weight. Currently in Harborne Birmingham (13 miles) at weekends and just down the road from jb in the week.

TG

Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk
    My pages:
    l Website l Blog l YouTube l Vimeo l Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wonder where all those little flakes of plastic that get knocked off end up............

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
    Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mmm yes I wonder ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So, there's a dilema: Does the plastic bits getting knocked off cause more environmental impact than the lead leaching off of bare lead weights? How long does the plastic stop the lead leaching for before the plastic is chipped off enough to let the lead impact out?

Perhaps we should stop using lead and switch to something more inert. I'll have 9kg of gold please? On the plus side, the increased density of gold would make the weights smaller and more streamlined!
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    Perhaps we should stop using lead and switch to something more inert. I'll have 9kg of gold please? On the plus side, the increased density of gold would make the weights smaller and more streamlined!
    Puts a new spin on ‘new shiny dive kit’! :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So, there's a dilema: Does the plastic bits getting knocked off cause more environmental impact than the lead leaching off of bare lead weights? How long does the plastic stop the lead leaching for before the plastic is chipped off enough to let the lead impact out?

Go find out how many metric tonnes of lead the US put into their environment through the use of guns How many Thousand tons per year!!!!!!!!!

Fishing is the biggest problem, and birds are the poor fookers who ingest it.

there is currently no evidence of diving weights being a problem.

And anyway, Powder coating a soft malleable metal is a shit idea. The "soft malleable" part should give you a clue.
    “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Perhaps we should stop using lead and switch to something more inert.
    How about a flake of Neutronium, there are quite a few fookers about at the moment who I,d like to to weight up with that.....................

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Evans View Post
    Go find out how many metric tonnes of lead the US put into their environment through the use of guns How many Thousand tons per year!!!!!!!!!

Fishing is the biggest problem, and birds are the poor fookers who ingest it.

there is currently no evidence of diving weights being a problem.

And anyway, Powder coating a soft malleable metal is a shit idea. The "soft malleable" part should give you a clue.
    Some years ago I was at a clay pigeon club, over Sunday lunch after the shoot a couple of us did a bit of mental arithmetic along the lines of, so many guns x so many clays x number of weeks x number of years.

Best guess there was around 2.5 tonnes of lead in the field.

They had a strict rule on using only cardboard wads though!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast