Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OSTC Plus battery

The Battery that came with my OSTC plus has died.

Looking at replacing it from heinrichsweikamp the shipping is the same cost as the battery.

They are selling a Sanyo UR14500P Akku, which is a 3.7v 800amp Li-Ion battery.

Does anyone know a reputable place to get one from, as most of the normal places iv looked dont have anything that would work, or where to get a compatible battery from.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I thought you could just use AA batteries in it too?

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MinimalMayhem View Post
    I thought you could just use AA batteries in it too?
    You can do, but they don't last as long It's what i have in the computer at the moment.

Also having the rechargeable one means i don't have to remove the cap and orig.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    You can do, but they don't last as long It's what i have in the computer at the moment.

Also having the rechargeable one means i don't have to remove the cap and orig.
    I have the OSTC Sport. AAs don't last nearly as long (maybe 4/5 days on a liveabord, say 12ish x 60ish minute dives).

The big issue I noticed last trip was the electronic compass gave nonsense bearings on a AA. I haven't noticed this before with 3.6v SAFT. [Also possible the compass is buggered.] I realised this when I found myself out in the blue off the reef with no proper compass bearing

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Regarding the original post, I have bought replacements from Deep Ideas who I have never had a problem with, but for the three times price as one from DI, you can get a pack of 5 from other sites on the net (e.g. BuyABattery); whether they're as reputable I cannot say.
    Last edited by David D; 19-09-2018 at 04:23 PM.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi,

Just send us an email with your address to info@heinrichsweikamp.com and we'll post you a new rechargeable battery for free.

The OSTC Plus runs on any AA battery but we recommend to use the lithium rechargeable one (That's the idea of a rechargeable computer). Use quality brand 1.5V batteries or (better) 3,6V batteries in case you forgot your charger or if there is a problem with the rechargeable one. 1.2V NiMH Batteries are not recommended (And will not be recharged inside the OSTC).

regards,
    Matthias

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's why so many of us have an OSTC. Matthias repaired my computer for free some months ago. (He might not do this for everybody ) Fantastic service. And fantastic computers.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mheinric View Post
    Hi,

Just send us an email with your address to info@heinrichsweikamp.com and we'll post you a new rechargeable battery for free.

The OSTC Plus runs on any AA battery but we recommend to use the lithium rechargeable one (That's the idea of a rechargeable computer). Use quality brand 1.5V batteries or (better) 3,6V batteries in case you forgot your charger or if there is a problem with the rechargeable one. 1.2V NiMH Batteries are not recommended (And will not be recharged inside the OSTC).

regards,
    Matthias
    Hi Matthias,

Thanks that's perfect i have dropped an email to that address, save a lot of hunting around for a replacment.

At the moment its got a 3.6V in as iv got a few spare for my other computer and HUD.