Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Redbare and JJ

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not missed any dives on my redbare. I'd like to point out that having dived sentinel the redbare has only a passing resemblance to some components of the redbare. Different materials different electronics (potted properly), the only downside on the bare is keep on top of the p02 module charge (it can't be turned off so uses charge continually unlike the primary electronics which can)
    www.wapsac.co.uk
    Apparently becoming a grandad

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thank you for your help everyone. I have decided I am going to get the JJ.

In terms of BOV options I'm looking at the Divesoft, any JJ divers out there using it? Anything else I should consider BOV wise?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by M-J-J View Post
    Thank you for your help everyone. I have decided I am going to get the JJ.

In terms of BOV options I'm looking at the Divesoft, any JJ divers out there using it? Anything else I should consider BOV wise?
    good choice lol

I have dived golem gear and iBov and both are them are virtually same - there are some comparisons on other websites.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    not tried the divesoft offering but the IQsub Shrimp is pretty popular. https://sub-gravity.com/product/shrimp-bov/ speak to Jakub for a price in europe before ordering one from the states. contact details are on the website http://iqsub.com/

alternatively the Hollis BOV is pretty neat. https://www.hollisrebreathers.com/product/prism-2-bov/

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have a Shrimp on mine which I like a lot better than the original JJ one. I have a Hollis BOV on the way, as I really liked the one that I had in my Kiss, more so that the Shrimp.

The iBov is supposed to be good, but someone mentioned the HUD holder being in the middle isnít great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have the Divesoft BOV. You can move the hud to the side. The holder can clip 8n in several different places. It is not as good as the original hud holder but works.

I like it. Mostly I bought it rather than the Shrimp as I could simply order it from Narked.

One downside is that you need to use half the original loop. S9 I canít keep a loop with a DSV on it for quickly jumping in t(e pool etc.

If there is one thing more stupid looking than a RB in a pool, it is an RB with bailout in a pool...

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you join the JJ facebook group, dietmar makes a brilliant Shrimp BOV kit for the JJ with modified bayonet fittings. You get a complete assembly so BOV, hoses, weights, and T piece connectors. I went this way so that if the BOV screws up mid trip I can easily swap back to the DSV.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910