Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 630 of 635 FirstFirst ... 130530580620628629630631632 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 6345
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
    Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Evans View Post
    Surely not another case of our government not predicting the obvious outcome of their own strategy?

So we currently have how many battles with the EU despite having "won" the Brexit deal?
    1) Fisheries - you can fish but not export as quickly meaning your exports will probably spoil before they arrive.
    2) Financial Services - no agreement under the Withdrawal agreement
    3) Legal Services - no entry to Lugano
    4) The Withdrawal agreement itself - the UK government want it rewritten
    5) GFA - currently in doubt due to fall out from the borderless border
    6) UK farming - warning of huge amounts of unpicked produce due to no/low seasonal labour availability
    7) UK trucking - now hugely short of drivers now that EU drivers have gone home
    8) Construction - shortage of tradesmen as they are not on the government's shortage of occupations list.

No doubt more that I haven't thought of at the moment but hey we got our blue passports!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilwood View Post
    Surely not another case of our government not predicting the obvious outcome of their own strategy?

So we currently have how many battles with the EU despite having "won" the Brexit deal?
    1) Fisheries - you can fish but not export as quickly meaning your exports will probably spoil before they arrive.
    2) Financial Services - no agreement under the Withdrawal agreement
    3) Legal Services - no entry to Lugano
    4) The Withdrawal agreement itself - the UK government want it rewritten
    5) GFA - currently in doubt due to fall out from the borderless border
    6) UK farming - warning of huge amounts of unpicked produce due to no/low seasonal labour availability
    7) UK trucking - now hugely short of drivers now that EU drivers have gone home
    8) Construction - shortage of tradesmen as they are not on the government's shortage of occupations list.

No doubt more that I haven't thought of at the moment but hey we got our blue passports!
    Someone needs to beat them till they bleed.... and Covid is saving their asses, for the time being at least.
    “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-enter-europe

Hypocrites

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not so much hypocrites as not far sighted at all and disregarding of advantages. The complexities and contradictions involved in leaving the EU were the biggest reason I voted remain. However the "best for Britain" outcome can only be judged by history.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    ... However the "best for Britain" outcome can only be judged by history.
    I think it soon will be "best for England" as Great Britain will only be a geographic rather than political entity.
    We give £350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not so much hypocrites as not far sighted at all and disregarding of advantages. The complexities and contradictions involved in leaving the EU were the biggest reason I voted remain. However the "best for Britain" outcome can only be judged by history.
    Also worth remembering, Cameron was very much remain. He made a political gamble with the referendum, but didn't actually want or think we'd end up leaving.
    Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    I think it soon will be "best for England" as Great Britain will only be a geographic rather than political entity.
    Great Britain has not been a political entity since the formation of the Republic of Ireland 1949. Just pointing this out before one of our Irish members does.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Great Britain has not been a political entity since the formation of the Republic of Ireland 1949. Just pointing this out before one of our Irish members does.
    Ireland was never part of Great Britain. It was one part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. People confuse GB and UK
    JJ wanker

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Ireland was never part of Great Britain. It was one part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. People confuse GB and UK
    I read a book by Bredan Behan (Irish writer/novelist) in the past - one item sticks in my memory in the writings was his comment that (the whole of) Ireland was intrinsically part of the British isles and thought sensible that it should be part of a political entity. Guess that will never happen for a long time now...