Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 499 of 502 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 5017
    Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Keasley View Post
    I'm not saying that your wrong Jay, however do you have anything more than just repeated rumours to back that claim up, ie that ATAD will have a significant affect on people in UK government?
    No, the money raised from implementing ATAD will have a negligible effect on the people of the UK individually but collectively it will. What will have an significant detrimental effect on us all is the remedy that those people affected by ATAD have helped to bring about and that is leaving the EU will affect us all detrimentally from a number of perspectives - our financial well being, our options to travel, work and live through the EU and our rights within the UK.

If you look in the Panama Papers then you see the tip of the iceberg - that was the money running through just one firm of lawyers that was being sent abroad to avoid tax. This has been covered over by the media as they don’t want people to see what they are up to. Do I have evidence of any individual avoiding tax? No.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    No, many of those that are affected by the Anti Tax Avoidance Directive are in government (and so should be barred from voting in Parliament on matters that they will directly benefit from) or own media companies that are a large influence of the general public.

I always find it interesting seeing people’s reactions when they have pointed out to them that the individual owners of the Telegraph, Mail, Express, Times, Sun do not pay any significant income tax in the UK and nor do the companies pay corporation tax here as they are all owned off shore.
    One problem with so-called democracy (as people understand it) is that power and wealth influence the electorate and therefore it is more or less impossible for members of parliament not to be in some way beneficiaries of their own policies. Even if they don't start out that way they end up there, which is why Anthony Blair is a "consultant" to JP Morgan.

The media owners are largely offshore billionaires that have either subtle or direct input on editorial. Murdoch is of course international in his influence and propaganda. Even in the broadcast media the overall balance is pro right wing idea. The moronic nonsense that the BBC has a left wing bias is often repeated by people keen to pretend that is the truth although it is a lie that dates back to the time the BBC had Tory Peer Greg Dyke as DG. Clearly he's a dreadful leftie.

Most people simply do not understand nor care about tax avoidance and as you say are somehow surprised that newspapers are tax dodgers. I guess the bulk of them also don't realise (or simply don't think about) the other companies like Amazon, Google, Netflix and the like. This is the great "threat" of the centre left and people like Corbyn - they will piss on this bonfire. So lies are made up and the half truths so distorted that people think an incoming labour government is going to be some sort of apocalypse.

I see this and describe it as corruption. Others use phrases like "crony capitalism". Call it what you will it is how the world works. US Pharma companies have spent half a billion in lobbying the Tories so they are primed to relax the rules on procurement in the post Brexit era. Never mind the lie on the bus we will spend that much more on drugs when we get Mr Trump's deal in a heartbeat. This is the core of the Atlantic Bridge and the desire to make the UK into a facsimile of the US.

Brexit is a dumb idea and backed by the most dishonest filth that have ever sat in the House of Commons. Nothing good will come of it if you are not in the top 1%. Maybe, just maybe enough people will hold their nose and give grandpa a chance, they will ignore the silly ideas of free broadband and other nonsense but see the only really important thing - the chance to have a second vote and vote Brexit down. Vote him out next time if you want (assuming the Tories have reformed by then and Johnson and the others are in jail). If we miss this chance then we will leave and the repercussions will last a generation. Kiss goodbye to the environment, to rights and to the idea of any prosperity for the majority. It is not going to be good.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No, the money raised from implementing ATAD will have a negligible effect on the people of the UK individually but collectively it will. What will have an significant detrimental effect on us all is the remedy that those people affected by ATAD have helped to bring about and that is leaving the EU will affect us all detrimentally from a number of perspectives - our financial well being, our options to travel, work and live through the EU and our rights within the UK.

If you look in the Panama Papers then you see the tip of the iceberg - that was the money running through just one firm of lawyers that was being sent abroad to avoid tax. This has been covered over by the media as they don’t want people to see what they are up to. Do I have evidence of any individual avoiding tax? No.
    So you have no proof, no understanding, but still you're quite happy to pass it off as fact?

Do you not see the problem with that?

For the record, I'm not saying that the rumours are without merit. However I've yet to see anything more then wild and loose accusations. ATAD isn't that complicated, so I'm surprised that somebody hasn't been a little more explicit about the how's and whys.

What I can say is that everything I've read over the past few pages shows a complete lack of understanding of what ATAD does (and doesn't do)

To be honest, I am intrigued, time allowing I may dig a little deeper and see, what more I can learn.
    Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Keasley View Post
    So you have no proof, no understanding, but still you're quite happy to pass it off as fact?

Do you not see the problem with that?

For the record, I'm not saying that the rumours are without merit. However I've yet to see anything more then wild and loose accusations. ATAD isn't that complicated, so I'm surprised that somebody hasn't been a little more explicit about the how's and whys.

What I can say is that everything I've read over the past few pages shows a complete lack of understanding of what ATAD does (and doesn't do)

To be honest, I am intrigued, time allowing I may dig a little deeper and see, what more I can learn.
    Have a read of this https://the-inconvenient-truth.com/d...Rpk_T3UQUv4vyE
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Have a read about the author

Nolan Jazimreg is the London-based author of “The Inconvenient Truth”, a highly contentious, but also a contagious dystopian novel that reveals profound insights into how hatred infiltrates us and oppresses our adeptness to live a contented life.

Having undergone a unique and rare life experience, Nolan Jazimreg developed a bipolar condition and experienced four setbacks that transcended him into the parallel spiritual realm, which due to the “veil” bestowed upon them, most adults are unable to experience.
    https://the-inconvenient-truth.com/about/

The following give a slightly more objective take on things. Not quite as exciting to read, but perhaps a little more reliable in their observations

https://taxfoundation.org/eu-tax-avo...liance-burden/
    https://www.ey.com/gl/en/services/ta...ance-directive

Again, not to say the rumours and claims are wrong....
    Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lot of news today about the NHS and the debate between the oaf and grandpa. Just a quick reminder if you need one: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/l...oup-5rxxd9tb8#

behind the paywall but the first para is free and says it all...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    This made me chuckle

https://thebrexitparty.com

Go on - use a private browser window if you must.
    I don't want to get technical or anything, but alcohol IS a solution

Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Whilst he is a source of much amusement that should be tempered by the state of the country at the moment which is largely his doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
    Whilst he is a source of much amusement that should be tempered by the state of the country at the moment which is largely his doing.
    Whilst he may be loathsome he appears to be spot on with his analysis at the poor quality of our politicians and many of their policies.
    As the political system becomes less credible, fewer people take an interest and vote. Thus "extreme" voices have a greater infuence. The current political system requires major reform and the some decent politicians might appear.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian@1904 View Post
    Whilst he may be loathsome he appears to be spot on with his analysis at the poor quality of our politicians and many of their policies.
    As the political system becomes less credible, fewer people take an interest and vote. Thus "extreme" voices have a greater infuence. The current political system requires major reform and the some decent politicians might appear.
    And yet he too is a career politician and part of what you describe. There is - I agree - a poor quality of political class, but this is a deliberate policy designed to make people think they are "all the same". The "extreme" voices that have an influence are largely unknown by most people; Steve Bannon, Linton Crosby, Nick Timothy, people like that. Never has the manipulation of the gullible been so obvious in my lifetime, never has it been as successful.

Seriously, honestly how does a liar and a cheat like Johnson hold such popular sway? Virtually everything he says is made up on the spot and he is neither skilled nor credible in his lies and yet there is still a huge swath of people that back him. Farage and the dodgy Brexit company are risible and yet people still vote for them.

The reason the political class are so poor is that they have realised they do not need to be truthful nor even remotely serious about anything in order to be elected. They can use their political position to enrich themselves, their friends and family at the expense of the population and do so with impunity. Wealth and career success follow office provided you do what the real power wants. Blair works for JP Morgan, Clegg for Facebook. The revolving door of politics brings with it vast personal wealth.

Given this state of affairs what chance do you foresee of any reform? How would such reform occur? Any politician that is not a cynical money grubbing sack of shit is quickly derided by the press and the media to ensure they do not get near power. The smear campaign of Corbyn is near hysterical in the red tops.

In a few weeks Mr Johnson will be back in No 10 like the grinning twat he is. Voted there by people who will get shafted as a result. Why? Because the country can't afford to pay it's healthcare professionals properly but it can afford to pay billions to the US Pharma industry to make America rich again.