• Show
Clear All
  • Chrisch
    Tofu eating wokerato
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by steelemonkey
    Nine.
    Seven.

There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and Tory corruption and I am not sure about the universe.
    With apologies to Albert Einstein.

Comment

• bottle maker
      Established TDF Member
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Chrisch
      Let's be fair here. Blair only told the truth 20% of the time. May only tells the truth 5% of the time. Alexander is just part of a trend.

What is very clear to me is that people do not want to hear the truth so being a dyed in the wool liar is a very good strategy for party leaders. Look at grandpa, he is starting to lie like a veteran.
      Other politicians may be economical with the truth but they do not lie about something that can so easily be disproven.

Graham

Comment

• Kalahari Diver
        TDF Member
        • May 2016

"I dropped an email to the BBC Today programme suggesting that they ask the politicians tomorrow morning what the electorate have to do to demonstrate a desire to stay within the EU."

Trouble is the electorate have already demonstrated that they wish to leave! Or don't you believe in democracy?

It seems to me that this thread is dominated by fascists.

"A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government — and no tolerance for opposing opinions. "

David.

Comment

• Noggin the Nog
          Hail the Children of LLyr
          • Jan 2013

Seven.

That's only one image. Can we have seven of nine?
          "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Comment

• Doomanic
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Kalahari Diver
            "I dropped an email to the BBC Today programme suggesting that they ask the politicians tomorrow morning what the electorate have to do to demonstrate a desire to stay within the EU."

Trouble is the electorate have already demonstrated that they wish to leave! Or don't you believe in democracy?

"A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government — and no tolerance for opposing opinions. "

David.
            Here we go again. Until you can comprehend that democracy means decisions can be overturned you are the Fascist.
            Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Comment

• Divemouse
              Pedantic Pig
              • Dec 2012

Seven.
              I don't usually do this, but who told her that was a good outfit?
              Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Comment

• Jay_Benson
                Confused? You will be.
                • Dec 2012

David.
                Yes, I believe in democracy. I believe that democracy thrives in an open atmosphere where there is no lying, financial impropriety or illegality. The irony at your attempt at shutting down a voice that differs from your own is quite amusing - though I suspect that it wasn’t meant to be.

I am surprised by you suggesting that this thread is dominated by fascists - certainly there is a common theme from many of the people that post on it but to suggest that the government of the thread - I presume that you mean the mods - is anything other than even handed would be a little harsh.

To quote another David:

"If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy." (1)

Another suitable quote for you:

“We could have two referendums. As it happens, it might make more sense to have the second referendum after the renegotiation is completed.” (2)

And another:

“In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way.” (3)

(1) David Davies
                (2) Jacob Rees-Mogg
                (3) Nigel Farage
                Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Comment

• Kalahari Diver
                  TDF Member
                  • May 2016

Yes, but so many people on here have thought that people have no right or reason to have voted to leave. This thread and its closed predeccessor have been an unmitigated rant at leavers. It hasn't been at all an edifying experience. I suggest you read a set of the posts from one person in sequence and look at them in a balanced fashion.

When I was told that I should return to my third world country and complained I was told by a moderator to "wind my neck in" fairly outstanding behaviour when I was the one attacked!

Many people on here should read their posts and ask themselves if they would like them to be judged by a non-;partisan group.

David.

Comment

• Stuart Keasley
                    bottlefish
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Divemouse
                    The same sort of person who would drop the photo into a thread for no apparent reason other than to oggle at her breasts.
                    Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell

Comment

• Jen - Winged Blob
                      Supergnu
                      • Dec 2012

Her granny who knitted it for her, I reckon.

Comment

• steelemonkey
                        Established TDF Member
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Jen - Winged Blob
                        Her granny who knitted it for her, I reckon.
                        Meow!
                        Paul.
                        If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
                        Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Divemouse
                          Pedantic Pig
                          • Dec 2012

Meow!
                          Oh come on! She's a good looking woman, but that looks like the swimming costume my mother made me wear in 1973 - she has to be wearing it for a bet!
                          Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Comment

• steelemonkey
                            Established TDF Member
                            • Dec 2012

Oh come on! She's a good looking woman, but that looks like the swimming costume my mother made me wear in 1973 - she has to be wearing it for a bet!
                            Now there is a picture I would like to see. Was it like the knitted one that I had when I was little? First touch of the water and it would become baggier than Teresa Mays eyes.
                            Paul.
                            If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
                            Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Chrisch
                              Tofu eating wokerato
                              • Jan 2013

Yes, but so many people on here have thought that people have no right or reason to have voted to leave. ..
                              In a democracy you have the right to vote any way you see fit. That is why Hitler came to power and WW2 started and 6 million Jews met their death in industrial camps designed only to kill those people that the Nazi regime deemed unfit to live.

Your right to vote any way you see fit is not in question.

In a democracy your reason for voting in a particular way is not in question. A person could vote to leave the EU because you believe it has an unreasonable approach to bananas. Whilst it would make that person a halfwit they still could (and did) vote in that manner.

Your motivation for voting to leave is not in question.

The thread was stared to debate whether there was merit in having a further plebiscite to confirm the decision the government came to. Thus far it has not come to that decision. After three years of pissing in the wind we do not know what - if anything - is the planned status of the UK post Brexit. Both the governing party and the opposition are split on the matter. What we do know is that the governing party has totally ruled out allowing the electorate to reject whatever idiotic nonsense it comes up with or to endorse it's fantastic plan. The good people of the United Kingdom will have to endure whatever is decided for them. That, however you want to spin it for your own ends, is not democracy. It is an elected dictatorship akin to the one that took place in Germany in the 1940s.

If you feel the thread is a rant at leavers ask yourself why. Perhaps you have a point and it is. But the current proposition to leave (which all of you that voted to leave facilitated) is a proposition to damage the UK economy and to remove basic citizen's rights that have existed for more than 40 years. If you feel people like me are unfair because we moan and complain about the people that allowed that to happen then whilst I understand I have to say tough shit - the moaning will not stop. The damage is real and the loss of rights is a bitter blow that will not be forgiven easily, if at all.

A second vote on the proposed arrangements might mitigate some of the ill feeling. Possibly, hopefully, it would overturn the previous result and the UK would retain it's current status. Possibly it would confirm that more people want to destroy the economy in pursuit of whatever nonsense they believe that want to protect the status quo. Whichever it turns out to be it certainly would be a more democratic, more honest, more balanced and more legitimate position. Whatever the outcome it should be respected and acted upon. If it were to be a no deal exit then the UK would really have to contemplate it's own stupidity as the resulting chaos unfolded. But no one could suggest it was anything other than a democratic decision.

As it stands a liar and a cheat, Theresa May, has attempted to thwart the will of parliament and the will of the majority of the electorate to force through an agreement that is not popular with her own party, her own voters or with the opposition. Despite all democratic procedure to prevent such action she is now in negotiations with a man she described as a "danger to Britain" and a "Marxist" in order to get her will against the will of the duly elected members of parliament.

If you cannot see the parallel with Adolf then you really need to go back to school and retake your history classes.
                              There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and Tory corruption and I am not sure about the universe.

Comment

• Chrisch
                                Tofu eating wokerato
                                • Jan 2013

Its a Borg thing.

Comment

Working...