X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrisch
    Tofu eating wokerato
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Jay_Benson
    So it would appear that there will NOT be quick deal with the USA if we go no-deal as Congress will block it as no-deal screws up the Good Friday Agreement that the US government (under Clinton) so heavily invested in politically....
    Having reminded ourselves of the debt issue it is perhaps a good time to remember that a "deal" can mean anything. The withdrawal agreement is not a trade deal, merely it's precursor. A deal with the US - a trade deal - could be simply an agreement about importing ScubaPro regs and nothing else. Having a deal does not imply any great benefit to the wider population. Agreements such as pension reciprocity are in place and may, or may not, continue or even be challenged or abandoned as part of the negotiations for other agreement. Simply saying we will get a deal does not mean Jack.

The current proposal to renege on the signed withdrawal agreement and as a result remove from UK law all legislation that is dependent upon our EU membership for it's point of reference is to abandon huge amounts of existing law and regulation. The need to return this (subject to the whim of the government executive) back into UK law is also in question as it is part of the Withdrawal Act and cutting loose from the EU widens the scope of the whim. Ergo the government - without parliamentary scrutiny or agreement - can keep or abandon any law it chooses that references the EU and as such must be amended. This means you must trust Alexander Johnson and his mates to pass the laws into UK law without arsing about with them or abandoning them altogether. Anyone that trusts Mr Johnson should probably be institutionalised as a danger to themselves.

The idea that what is happening is "democratic" is moronic and those that present it as such are liars.
    There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and Tory corruption and I am not sure about the universe.
    With apologies to Albert Einstein.

Comment

• Doomanic
      Established TDF Member
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Chrisch
      Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Comment

• Barrygoss
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

Ok, just as a giggle. (One for both remainers and leavers to think about)

Say come the 15th of October the EU tell us we’re obviously not ready for brexit, so as a gesture of good will they’re extending the article 50 till October 2020

What happens?

B
        Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

Comment

• steelemonkey
          Established TDF Member
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Barrygoss
          Ok, just as a giggle. (One for both remainers and leavers to think about)

Say come the 15th of October the EU tell us we’re obviously not ready for brexit, so as a gesture of good will they’re extending the article 50 till October 2020

What happens?

B
          This thread continues......................
          Paul.
          If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
          Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Alby R
            Established TDF Member
            • Mar 2013

[QUOTE=steelemonkey;436516]This thread continues.TO BORE THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE....../QUOTE]

there fixed it for you

alby

Comment

• Doomanic
              Established TDF Member
              • Dec 2012

You don’t have to read it.
              Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Comment

• steelemonkey
                Established TDF Member
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Doomanic
                You don't have to look at a car crash, but you do..............
                Paul.
                If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
                Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Paul Evans
                  Cheeky Monkey...
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by steelemonkey
                  You don't have to look at a car crash, but you do..............
                  What a fantastic description of Brexit...........
                  “Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.” — Mark Twain

Comment

• Chrisch
                    Tofu eating wokerato
                    • Jan 2013

I think it is sad that anyone is bored by this subject given it's impact on our country. The potential to break up the UK and to fundamentally change the future cannot surely be that boring? Perhaps just the threat has become a little tedious, a bit stale, something of an echo chamber as the pro leave people have dropped out from the discussion with just the handful of people left in, each of us in agreement about the shit that is happening. That's a shame because a lot of people want to know what the advantages are and why anyone still thinks it is a good idea.
                    There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and Tory corruption and I am not sure about the universe.

Comment

• Alby R
                      Established TDF Member
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Doomanic
                      Oh but we do to keep up with super bores Chrisch and Mark and Dom your gradually sneaking into this group.

alby

Comment

• Chrisch
                        Tofu eating wokerato
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Alby R
                        Oh but we do to keep up with super bores ...
                        Why do you need to keep up? There is nothing happening just a long slow screw up. Gradually a parade of liars and cheats are taking the UK towards an exit from the EU that will fundamentally change the country. It's not a very interesting process, I would agree on that. Johnson is a liar - this is not news; he's been sacked twice for it. The government are the Unchained people - we've already done that.

You can always pop back when we have left and are begging for a deal - I am sure that will be less boring. It probably should be the start of a new thread.

Next week all us anoraks will be debating the Swinton/Grandpa alliance and stuff like that. Give it a miss, you will not like it. I don't set out to bore anyone - honest I don't. We can have a "pony tanks are shit" thread if you are bored.

Comment

• Alby R
                          Established TDF Member
                          • Mar 2013

here we go again another useless boring post see what i mean, ya da ya da ya da. At least a pony thread achieves something

alby

Why do you need to keep up? There is nothing happening just a long slow screw up. Gradually a parade of liars and cheats are taking the UK towards an exit from the EU that will fundamentally change the country. It's not a very interesting process, I would agree on that. Johnson is a liar - this is not news; he's been sacked twice for it. The government are the Unchained people - we've already done that.

You can always pop back when we have left and are begging for a deal - I am sure that will be less boring. It probably should be the start of a new thread.

Next week all us anoraks will be debating the Swinton/Grandpa alliance and stuff like that. Give it a miss, you will not like it. I don't set out to bore anyone - honest I don't. We can have a "pony tanks are shit" thread if you are bored.

Comment

• Jay_Benson
                            Confused? You will be.
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by chrisch
                            you can always pop back when we have left and the EU are begging for a deal - i am sure that will be less boring. It probably should be the start of a new thread.
                            ftfy
                            Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Comment

• UnCheeky Monkey
                              I used to be Cheeky
                              • May 2018

so just as it looks like Parliament might do its job, and a (more) informed second vote might yet happen, Corbyn and Swinson can't see eye to eye and Corbyn seems to be putting self over country

meanwhile Johnson has become a parody of himself so quickly that noone is even bothering to take the piss out of him

I think at this stage I hate just about every politician I can think of

except Ken Clarke for whom I have a bit of a soft spot
                              Half the population of war-torn Yemen - 14 million people - are facing "pre-famine conditions", the UN has warned

Comment

• sim667
                                Established TDF Member
                                • Jan 2016

Its about time every just accepted that the whole charade has been played by some billionaires who want themselves and their companies to avoid the new EU tax regulations (which by the way would add quite a lot of money to public coffers), cancel article 50 and punish the people who've deceived people into supporting it.
                                Simscubadives on youtube
                                My general photography on youtube

Comment

Working...