Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 472 of 613 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 6125
    Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know were not supposed to call the gammons retarded but the Lisbon Treaty 2020 is doing the rounds on ArseBook. Again.

FFS! There really is no hope for this country. 😥
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
    I know we’re not supposed to call the gammons retarded but the Lisbon Treaty 2020 is doing the rounds on ArseBook. Again.

FFS! There really is no hope for this country. ��
    Imagine, if you can, just for a moment that you honestly think the world is flat. It's a daft idea and easily disproven, but it's an idea you like. It appeals to you as it is logical - look out the window and there is no "curve". In order to continue this position you really need to find other people that also think the world is flat. Otherwise eventually you are the only person with that viewpoint and you must admit defeat. We are pack animals - we need a pack.

Now imagine, if you can, just for a moment, that leaving the EU is somehow beneficial to anyone other than Crispin Odey and his friends. It appeals to you because your life is shit and this benefit will make it less shit. The source of the shit is not the Tories and Blue Labour and neoliberal policies designed to help Mr Odey, it is the EU and the Polish bloke two doors down who has a better car than you. Such a position requires other people to think the same and form a pack.

Hell, if there were say - oh I don't know 17 million odd such people - you might even fool yourself into thinking you are in the majority. Imagine the majority of people think the world is flat. That was the case in the thirteenth century. Yes. In 1245 the world was flat. Honest it was. No, really. Flat. The curve came later.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Imagine, if you can, just for a moment that you honestly think the world is flat. It's a daft idea and easily disproven, but it's an idea you like. It appeals to you as it is logical - look out the window and there is no "curve". In order to continue this position you really need to find other people that also think the world is flat. Otherwise eventually you are the only person with that viewpoint and you must admit defeat. We are pack animals - we need a pack.

Now imagine, if you can, just for a moment, that leaving the EU is somehow beneficial to anyone other than Crispin Odey and his friends. It appeals to you because your life is shit and this benefit will make it less shit. The source of the shit is not the Tories and Blue Labour and neoliberal policies designed to help Mr Odey, it is the EU and the Polish bloke two doors down who has a better car than you. Such a position requires other people to think the same and form a pack.

Hell, if there were say - oh I don't know 17 million odd such people - you might even fool yourself into thinking you are in the majority. Imagine the majority of people think the world is flat. That was the case in the thirteenth century. Yes. In 1245 the world was flat. Honest it was. No, really. Flat. The curve came later.
    To paraphrase Karl Rove, there is the "reality based community", and the community who things they can "create our own reality". One of these two groups fits the definition of delusional.
    Exeter - Falmouth University BSAC #2551
    Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

and what better way to find those fellow minded ppl is via the interweb...

even if you don't use it yourself the bloke next door does and hes done a lot of research....

Fundamentally ... the internet; getting dumber by the hour, empowering idiots all the way....x
    Last edited by Becky9; 01-10-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
    I know we’re not supposed to call the gammons retarded but the Lisbon Treaty 2020 is doing the rounds on ArseBook. Again.

FFS! There really is no hope for this country. ��
    Report it to Facepalm - they should be able to take it down easily enough. You would have thought by now that it would be on their "auto-delete" list.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    Report it to Facepalm - they should be able to take it down easily enough. You would have thought by now that it would be on their "auto-delete" list.
    How then would they make money from Cambridge Analytica selling them the names of the people that liked it?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is such a good way of explaining it.

Could start a fight in a convent. Mikael's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Earlier on I saw that the Aquanauts Facebook reposted a pro brexit image (of the "colluding with foreign powers intent to harm us" type).

Quickly this attracted less than pleased responses including one who person who claimed that isn't the first time the company's page has shared stuff like this.

Quickly the comments were deleted and then the whole post. I didn't think to snap a screen grab before it was gone.
    Did anyone else see it or others?

You would hope it is a loose canon employee with the more rationale business aware co-workers deleting these posts once seen....
    Why is it that with everything in life I always find a more difficult way of doing it (and not intentionally)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
    Earlier on I saw that the Aquanauts Facebook reposted a pro brexit image (of the "colluding with foreign powers intent to harm us" type).

Quickly this attracted less than pleased responses including one who person who claimed that isn't the first time the company's page has shared stuff like this.

Quickly the comments were deleted and then the whole post. I didn't think to snap a screen grab before it was gone.
    Did anyone else see it or others?

You would hope it is a loose canon employee with the more rationale business aware co-workers deleting these posts once seen....
    I'd say that just reflects prevailing opinion in Plymouth.
    I don't want to get technical or anything, but alcohol IS a solution

Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    I'd say that just reflects prevailing opinion in Plymouth.
    Or someone left the computer open and Dougie walked past and more sensible heads deleted it, Ill not book there again.

Cornwall is now officially remain as well

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.