Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 257 of 502 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 5017
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
    I am reading your posts and I have repeatedly asked you back up your (I presume personally arrived at) assertions about the EU. I have yet to see you develop an argument in more depth or provide any evidence.
    The reality is there is no argument or evidence. It's not just our good friend but all leave voters that went astray. After 2.5 years there is still not a single sensible reason offered by anyone. Anyone at all. The only logical "benefit" is the reduction of EU immigration as a result of removal of freedom of movement. Since that was not a core part of the offer (and some polls suggest as much as 60% of leave voters want to retain it) you have to look deeper than the proportion of leave voters that were driven primarily or solely by anti foreigner or anti immigration bigotry. Clearly if a person wants immigration reduced then the easy target are non EU immigrants which the government promised to reduce to "tens of thousands". This is a lie and a fairly obvious lie as May was Home Secretary at the time and let in hundreds of thousands. As many leave voters are also Tory voters I must conclude they are imbeciles.

If we look at the rest of leave and exclude the anti immigration imbeciles there are the identity voters the "British is best" mob. Why leaving the EU makes the UK any more (or less) British or any better or worse is unclear. I think we can discount these people as stupid as well.

Then we have the gullible that wanted more money for the NHS or have an incorrect understanding of the costs (financial) of EU membership. Many of these also vote Tory and as such I will add them to the idiot collection.

The only other group I can see are the "Lexiters" including Corbyn. These have the bonkers idea that if we leave the EU we can build some sort of leftish society of equality and fairness with increased state ownership of industry and in particular the utilities. This displays a position of ignorance and (dare I say it) stupidity. A quick trip to France (it isn't far) will show that state ownership is perfectly compatible with EU membership. fairness and equality are not under EU jurisdiction but a function of national government.

So basically if people had thought about it for more than a few seconds and had the wit not to be taken in by the lies there really was little in the way of a movement or reason to leave. Humans - all of us - can be stupid at times. However to continuously be stupid in the face of knowledge and evidence is to really confirm that stupidity is the person's default position. I have made stupid mistakes in my life I am sure everyone reading this has too. However I like to think I learned something from those mistakes and will act with more wisdom in future. Age brings experience and (having made more mistakes) hopefully a better judgement. It is doubly sad that the majority of older people have proven through this matter that they have lived their lives without learning anything, without growing up and developing a more rounded and mature view of life and the world. They are just stupid old people.

In five weeks time we will see the results of this folly. It is not too late to change our mind but possibly too late to persuade the repugnant May that it is her duty to allow the UK to do so. Her motivations, I can assure you, are not stupidity. Her motivations will be all too clear very soon. The results will not be pleasant.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This man's motivation is not stupidity either

https://www.theguardian.com/business...naire-brexiter

Self Defecating The Real Paulus's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
    I am reading your posts and I have repeatedly asked you back up your (I presume personally arrived at) assertions about the EU. I have yet to see you develop an argument in more depth or provide any evidence.
    Ok, you start.

List the assertions that I've made and we'll go from there!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Paulus View Post
    Ok, you start.

List the assertions that I've made and we'll go from there!
    One of the most tiresome aspect of leave voters is their constant requirement for someone else to do everything. Having voted out they now want the people that voted remain to sort out the details of leaving. The UK is leaving but somehow the EU must come up with the plan of how we are to do it.

I have come to the conclusion that all their pathetic lives have been a long tiresome whine that "somebody should do something" just as long as it isn't them. Of course, I could be wrong.

Please list all the reasons I am wrong, with references to my earlier posts, the number of the post and thread together with a cross reference to why it is wrong verified by at least two independent sources that are not related to Brexit lobby organisations. If you would be kind enough to make a cup of tea at the same time I would be grateful.

Self Defecating The Real Paulus's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    One of the most tiresome aspect of leave voters is their constant requirement for someone else to do everything. Having voted out they now want the people that voted remain to sort out the details of leaving. The UK is leaving but somehow the EU must come up with the plan of how we are to do it.

No, no, nooo!

Someone asked me for a list of stuff which I'm sure I've covered before. So rather than start over, he could just list the thing he's understood me to have stated and I fill in the blanks.

How could I know what it is he thinks I've said without him telling me?

You Remainers, all ganging up and stuff and here's me, volunteer one-man-band staffing this here help line in my own time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post

I have come to the conclusion that all their pathetic lives have been a long tiresome whine that "somebody should do something" just as long as it isn't them. Of course, I could be wrong.

Please list all the reasons I am wrong, with references to my earlier posts, the number of the post and thread together with a cross reference to why it is wrong verified by at least two independent sources that are not related to Brexit lobby organisations. If you would be kind enough to make a cup of tea at the same time I would be grateful.
    and while they're at it, I've a broom for some sweeping. I'm sure they'll know where to put it.
    Mah Ną Mah Ną

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There are currently 257 pages in this thread, even if there was a possibility to perform a search on TDF for Just Paulus's post on this thread you'd still lose the context.

Surely it's easy for someone with a strong opinion on this subject from either side to spend 30 seconds to write a few lines about why they hold their beliefs... It would save a lot of time and research, but as we all know it's best for some not to reveal too much information that can easily be disproved.

Either way, didn't Paulus say he would vote remain if the vote came around again?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ManualOverride View Post
    There are currently 257 pages in this thread, even if there was a possibility to perform a search on TDF for Just Paulus's post on this thread you'd still lose the context.

Surely it's easy for someone with a strong opinion on this subject from either side to spend 30 seconds to write a few lines about why they hold their beliefs... It would save a lot of time and research, but as we all know it's best for some not to reveal too much information that can easily be disproved.

Either way, didn't Paulus say he would vote remain if the vote came around again?
    https://www.thediveforum.com/misc.ph...posted&t=25625

Just click the post count to the right to get a list of all posts made in the thread by a poster
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post

Just click the post count to the right to get a list of all posts made in the thread by a poster
    Please comment on the rugby thread 🙄

Sent from a Japanese phone, not that yanky apple shit. 😉
    “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
    Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post

Wow, I wasted even more time and effort than I thought. Ah well, we live and learn (well, perhaps not all of us )
    Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell