Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65
  1. #51
    Established TDF Member Paulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    13,731
    Likes (Given)
    5530
    Likes (Received)
    5035
    Blog Entries
    1
    ...
    Last edited by Paulo; 28-02-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

    Illegitimi non carborundum

  2. #52
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    466
    Likes (Given)
    16
    Likes (Received)
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I had a full service done today - cost without the January discount would had been 99.

    I nearly think at that price, that it is cheaper or better value to replace my apeks regs after 2 yrs if I shop around for a bargain.
    I don't see any value in paying a dive shop to tinker with my working regulators.

    I wouldn't pay to get them serviced unless there was a noticeable change in performance.

    Now, after using AP regs on my CCR and servicing them with the very easily available kit, I've realised how easy it is. I'd go through the "effort" of getting hold of an apeks service kit rather than paying a shop.

  3. #53
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    cheltenham
    Posts
    1,964
    Likes (Given)
    297
    Likes (Received)
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I can put you in touch with a supplier for service kits if you prefer to go that way? Off the top of my head 1st stage kits are 19 and 2nd stage are 9.50 or so
    Yes please.

  4. #54
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    135
    Likes (Given)
    186
    Likes (Received)
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I can put you in touch with a supplier for service kits if you prefer to go that way? Off the top of my head 1st stage kits are €19 and 2nd stage are €9.50 or so
    And ditto yes please

  5. #55
    Established TDF Member Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    S/E England & S/W Ireland
    Posts
    1,201
    Likes (Given)
    1433
    Likes (Received)
    1223
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I can put you in touch with a supplier for service kits if you prefer to go that way? Off the top of my head 1st stage kits are €19 and 2nd stage are €9.50 or so
    +1

  6. #56
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    210
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    +1
    Would be interested in where you are getting those from too.

  7. #57
    New TDF Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    27
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I can put you in touch with a supplier for service kits if you prefer to go that way? Off the top of my head 1st stage kits are 19 and 2nd stage are 9.50 or so
    Can you put me in touch. Struggling to source at the moment.

  8. #58
    TDF Member GaleForceEight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    294
    Likes (Given)
    47
    Likes (Received)
    206
    Last time I put Mrs GF8's regs in for a service they came back leaking from the swivel pin. Initially thought the incorrect seal had been fitted, but on inspection one of the seals had been damaged on installation. I replaced them myself, and the leak was fixed. They are a bit fiddly to do, but he must have used something sharp and pointy to stretch the seal over the pin into its recess. On the up side when I bought the seals I bought a few other spare seals for my save a dive kit which may come in handy in the future (if I have them I probably won't need them, but if I don't I can guarantee I will!)

    What worries me is that they went in for the service with no known faults and came back defective so my LDS couldn't have leak checked after the service which doesn't inspire confidence.

  9. #59
    Established TDF Member Tel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,584
    Likes (Given)
    253
    Likes (Received)
    1160
    Quote Originally Posted by GaleForceEight View Post
    Last time I put Mrs GF8's regs in for a service they came back leaking from the swivel pin. Initially thought the incorrect seal had been fitted, but on inspection one of the seals had been damaged on installation. I replaced them myself, and the leak was fixed. They are a bit fiddly to do, but he must have used something sharp and pointy to stretch the seal over the pin into its recess. On the up side when I bought the seals I bought a few other spare seals for my save a dive kit which may come in handy in the future (if I have them I probably won't need them, but if I don't I can guarantee I will!)

    What worries me is that they went in for the service with no known faults and came back defective so my LDS couldn't have leak checked after the service which doesn't inspire confidence.

    SPG pins often test ok when serviced, but can start to bleed later with a bit of use.
    Doesn't excuse damaging the o-ring on assembly, but a bleed doesn't mean it wasn't tested at the time of service.

  10. #60
    TDF Member GaleForceEight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    294
    Likes (Given)
    47
    Likes (Received)
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel View Post
    SPG pins often test ok when serviced, but can start to bleed later with a bit of use.
    Doesn't excuse damaging the o-ring on assembly, but a bleed doesn't mean it wasn't tested at the time of service.
    It was first use after servicing.


 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •