Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Paulo; 28-02-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I had a full service done today - cost without the January discount would had been 99.

I nearly think at that price, that it is cheaper or better value to replace my apeks regs after 2 yrs if I shop around for a bargain.
    I don't see any value in paying a dive shop to tinker with my working regulators.

I wouldn't pay to get them serviced unless there was a noticeable change in performance.

Now, after using AP regs on my CCR and servicing them with the very easily available kit, I've realised how easy it is. I'd go through the "effort" of getting hold of an apeks service kit rather than paying a shop.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I can put you in touch with a supplier for service kits if you prefer to go that way? Off the top of my head 1st stage kits are 19 and 2nd stage are 9.50 or so
    Yes please.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can put you in touch with a supplier for service kits if you prefer to go that way? Off the top of my head 1st stage kits are €19 and 2nd stage are €9.50 or so
    And ditto yes please

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can put you in touch with a supplier for service kits if you prefer to go that way? Off the top of my head 1st stage kits are €19 and 2nd stage are €9.50 or so
    +1

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    +1
    Would be interested in where you are getting those from too.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can put you in touch with a supplier for service kits if you prefer to go that way? Off the top of my head 1st stage kits are 19 and 2nd stage are 9.50 or so
    Can you put me in touch. Struggling to source at the moment.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Last time I put Mrs GF8's regs in for a service they came back leaking from the swivel pin. Initially thought the incorrect seal had been fitted, but on inspection one of the seals had been damaged on installation. I replaced them myself, and the leak was fixed. They are a bit fiddly to do, but he must have used something sharp and pointy to stretch the seal over the pin into its recess. On the up side when I bought the seals I bought a few other spare seals for my save a dive kit which may come in handy in the future (if I have them I probably won't need them, but if I don't I can guarantee I will!)

What worries me is that they went in for the service with no known faults and came back defective so my LDS couldn't have leak checked after the service which doesn't inspire confidence.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaleForceEight View Post
    Last time I put Mrs GF8's regs in for a service they came back leaking from the swivel pin. Initially thought the incorrect seal had been fitted, but on inspection one of the seals had been damaged on installation. I replaced them myself, and the leak was fixed. They are a bit fiddly to do, but he must have used something sharp and pointy to stretch the seal over the pin into its recess. On the up side when I bought the seals I bought a few other spare seals for my save a dive kit which may come in handy in the future (if I have them I probably won't need them, but if I don't I can guarantee I will!)

What worries me is that they went in for the service with no known faults and came back defective so my LDS couldn't have leak checked after the service which doesn't inspire confidence.

SPG pins often test ok when serviced, but can start to bleed later with a bit of use.
    Doesn't excuse damaging the o-ring on assembly, but a bleed doesn't mean it wasn't tested at the time of service.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel View Post
    SPG pins often test ok when serviced, but can start to bleed later with a bit of use.
    Doesn't excuse damaging the o-ring on assembly, but a bleed doesn't mean it wasn't tested at the time of service.
    It was first use after servicing.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast