Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 301
  1. #281
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    328
    Likes (Given)
    255
    Likes (Received)
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilwood View Post
    Elon Musk defamation lawsuit to proceed - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/19/b...n-lawsuit.html
    Here's hoping he gets punished for creating an unfortunate distraction from a great story.

    Incidentally I've just read James Massola's "The Great Cave Rescue" which was a good read and shed some new (for me) light on the political and cultural context of the rescue.

  2. #282
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    2,550
    Likes (Given)
    1002
    Likes (Received)
    872
    For anyone interested, the defamation case starts today.

    The legal filing makes for interesting reading with Musk repeating the statements even when presented with information & advice to the contrary- Forbes link

  3. #283
    Gimme a medal BenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Exiled Plymothian in Enfield
    Posts
    1,314
    Likes (Given)
    812
    Likes (Received)
    745
    Blog Entries
    2
    Tool.
    I don't want to get technical or anything, but alcohol IS a solution

  4. #284
    I still don't have a member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    3,298
    Likes (Given)
    1233
    Likes (Received)
    1248
    I hope Mr Unsworth gets a very good settlement Musk probably need to take a ride on a spaceX without a capsule.............
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

    I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

  5. #285
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    2,550
    Likes (Given)
    1002
    Likes (Received)
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    I hope Mr Unsworth gets a very good settlement Musk probably need to take a ride on a spaceX without a capsule.............
    Agreed. The compensatory damages claim is quite small at $75,000 but who knows what the compensatory damages will be. My hope is that Mr Unsworth and his wife are able to live a good comfortable life on the basis of the payout.

  6. #286
    Established TDF Member jamesp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    5,311
    Likes (Given)
    2747
    Likes (Received)
    1988
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilwood View Post
    Agreed. The compensatory damages claim is quite small at $75,000 but who knows what the compensatory damages will be. My hope is that Mr Unsworth and his wife are able to live a good comfortable life on the basis of the payout.
    What is Musk hoping to achieve with fighting it?

    Stand up, admit "I was a cock", pay legal costs, and he could probably settle it for a good meal and with better PR.

  7. #287
    I still don't have a member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    3,298
    Likes (Given)
    1233
    Likes (Received)
    1248
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    What is Musk hoping to achieve with fighting it?

    Stand up, admit "I was a cock", pay legal costs, and he could probably settle it for a good meal and with better PR.
    He is an arrogant barsteward who can never back down and admit a mistake. Bit like Randy Andy really...............
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

    I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

  8. #288
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    328
    Likes (Given)
    255
    Likes (Received)
    231
    Just finished Liam Cochrane's 'The Cave' - also a good read.
    It's given me an appetite for kao pad krapao though :-)

  9. #289
    Gimme a medal BenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Exiled Plymothian in Enfield
    Posts
    1,314
    Likes (Given)
    812
    Likes (Received)
    745
    Blog Entries
    2
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...sworth-apology

    I've not gained any sympathy for Musk, but this is turning into a shitfest for Unsworth.

    Why didn't he just say "It's highly unlikely a six-foot long rigid "submarine" was an unlikely rescue vessel in a convoluted cave passage"?



    It's all a bit unseemly.
    Last edited by BenL; 06-12-2019 at 01:04 AM.
    I don't want to get technical or anything, but alcohol IS a solution

  10. #290
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    3,576
    Likes (Given)
    969
    Likes (Received)
    1727
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...sworth-apology

    I've not gained any sympathy for Musk, but this is turning into a shitfest for Unsworth.

    Why didn't he just say "It's highly unlikely a six-foot long rigid "submarine" was an unlikely rescue vessel in a convoluted cave passage"?



    It's all a bit unseemly.
    Not the best choice of words but when Musk stormed in and effectively said he was taking over, it was hardly the most diplomatic thing to do either.


 
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •