Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Hi,

I went to Lembongan some years back and I am thinking about going back again although I can't remember that much about it. lol. Did you actually see any manta rays? Would you go back? When I was there it was too quiet as I was travelling by myself, but next time a friend will come.
    No mantas this time. We were due to go to Manta Point the first day but it was far too choppy.
    As the outfit didn't seem that good, and the weather was even choppier the second day, we didn't bother trying on the second day.

Heading into town it was reasonably busy of an evening, but by 10 pm it dies off. There are a couple of bars, but it's more restaurants than anything else really.

I might go back, but then again it's easy enough to do Manta Point as a day boat from Padangbai on the mainland.
    Sean

A few more pics - www.arrowpix.com

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by londonsean69 View Post
    No mantas this time. We were due to go to Manta Point the first day but it was far too choppy.
    As the outfit didn't seem that good, and the weather was even choppier the second day, we didn't bother trying on the second day.

Heading into town it was reasonably busy of an evening, but by 10 pm it dies off. There are a couple of bars, but it's more restaurants than anything else really.

I might go back, but then again it's easy enough to do Manta Point as a day boat from Padangbai on the mainland.
    Thanks for that. When I was there I was lucky enough to do a dive with the mantas for about 30 mins. There is another spot where you can see the Manta too, but it does not have manta in the title. I insisted on going to Manta point because of the name, but the guys at the shop said its just a name with manta in it, where someone once saw manta's and named it manta point.

I remember how choppy the waters were. If I remember rightly the waters were bit cooler there? A 5mm is may be needed?

What are the advantages of staying at Padangbai please? How long would a day boat take to get there? Is there good diving around Padangbai?

I will be going for 2 weeks, so we were thinking of 1 week in Lembongan and another week somewhere else? I did Tulamben before so thought may be my friend would like it there or we could do 1 week in Lembongan and another week where neither of us have been?

Would you say 2 weeks just in Lembongan would be too long? This is solely a diving holiday, so 30 plus dives each.

Thanks

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know at Tulamben during late afternoons/early evenings the reef sharks come in, but is there any where else around Bali they get good sightings of sharks please? I saw quite a number in Komodo but that is a bit far away this time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123