Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kubi Dry Gloves Advise

Iím considering getting Kubi Dry Gloves fitted to my Oíthree dry suit.

As my dry suit has neoprene seals I will need to send the suit off. Apparently oíthree make a suit alteration for best fitting...and itís not cheap.

So before I take the plunge are there any cons to Kubi dry gloves?

I have a cuff dump fitted, will this affect glove equalisation? My understanding is that a piece of bungee is passed through the wrist seals....which brings me into my next question, leakage!

If the gloves leak, which bungee through the wrist seal am I going to get soaked or more just a slow dampening??

Dry gloves or stick to the wet gloves? Warmer hands would be nice but not if there are loads of cons.

Thanks in advance 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    O'three wanted £335 to fit Kubis on my suit when it was being made. I decided against that.

I had drygloves before and found that leaks could be anything from.a damp sleeve to a leg full of water as the leaked in my wrist, tracked across my chest and flooded into my leg.
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Gobbie squaddie, average diver timmyg's Avatar
    Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Got Kubis on my 8 year old OíThree. Wouldnít go back to wet gloves.

TG

Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk
    My pages:
    l Website l Blog l YouTube l Vimeo l Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kubi Dry Gloves Advise

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    O'three wanted £335 to fit Kubis on my suit when it was being made. I decided against that.

I had drygloves before and found that leaks could be anything from.a damp sleeve to a leg full of water as the leaked in my wrist, tracked across my chest and flooded into my leg.
    Yes, it is expensive although I would rather it get done properly by Oíthree....think I will keep the cost on the quiet with my other half, fortunately they are not much to look at, after all a pair of rubber gloves to the unaware couldnít possibly be that expensive 😉

A leg full of water is a worry. Probably shouldnít say this but Iíve never got wet in my dry suit. Iím rather hoping this wouldnít happen if fitted correctly. Itís a shame there isnít a way of retracting the bungee from the seal if the need was to arise.

Last edited by Wrecked_Diver; 10-05-2018 at 10:40 PM.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kubi Dry Gloves Advise

Quote Originally Posted by timmyg View Post
    Got Kubis on my 8 year old OíThree. Wouldnít go back to wet gloves.

TG

Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk
    This gives me more confidence. Diving through the winter my hands got so cold they were almost painful!

Last edited by Wrecked_Diver; 10-05-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked_Diver View Post
    Yes, it is expensive although I would rather it get done properly by O’three....think I will keep the cost on the quiet with my other half, fortunately they are not much to look at, after all a pair of rubber gloves to the unaware couldn’t possibly be that expensive ��

A leg full of water is a worry. Probably shouldn’t say this but I’ve never got wet in my dry suit. I’m rather hoping this wouldn’t happen if fitted correctly. It’s a shame there isn’t a way of retracting the bungee from the seal if the need was to arise.

If you get a flood and you know it is a bad one, you can remove the glove, remove the bungee and put on a wet glove
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    O'three added Kubis to my 5-year-old suit. This involved replacing the forearms and they were very careful with the measurements; I'm very pleased with the result. I've had a couple of problems, entirely due to user error, and would recommend removing the glove, pulling out the bit of bungee and replacing the glove. The wrist seal then works fine and a wet inner glove hasn't spoiled those dives. Especially using the fourth element G1 neoprene liner.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm a massive fan of my Kubi gloves. I have them factory fitted onto my membrane otter. Previously had the DIY add on version.

I had one leak in my early days with the DIY ones. Entirely user error. The leak wasn't huge, and it was a shallow dive during summer so I put up with it and carried on. My top half was pretty wet after 40 minutes of that. If the water was colder I would have taken the glove off to remove the bungee.

That was over two years ago and I've not had a problem since. Other dry glove systems seem to be plagued with issues but the consensus with the kubis is pretty good. I'm glad I paid the premium rather than getting a cheaper alternative.

I even like the standard, thin, marigold gloves. The £2 pair I'm using are well in excess of 100 dives old. I don't see the need to start bodging about trying to fit thicker ones.

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    JFDI!

I had the DIY ones on my old suit without issues and after usually having the useless Antares setup on my new Santi, but the bullet and paid £300 to have the Kubi rings fitted at SDS. Just brilliant!

I use the Santi textured outed gloves, which are a direct replacement for marigolds and the FE neoprene liner gloves. For equalization, I just wear the seal over the cuff of the inner glove, which works fine.

Never had a leak with the Santi gloves, but had one or two with the marigolds, due to being a ham fisted clot. No big drama, nothing more than a damp forearm, even on an hour long dive.

The only thing you'll struggle with is the cuff dump. If the gloves feel tight, you raise your arm, exactly like dumping from the cuff, to get air in there...

TBH, most divers who are at the dry gloves point in their career are already on shoulder dumps and while the suit is in for the cuffs to be fitted, you can get the dump changed if you want.
    Strategy without Tactics is the slowest route to Victory. Tactics without Strategy is the sound before defeat.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_6301 View Post
    JFDI!

I had the DIY ones on my old suit without issues and after usually having the useless Antares setup on my new Santi, but the bullet and paid £300 to have the Kubi rings fitted at SDS. Just brilliant!

I use the Santi textured outed gloves, which are a direct replacement for marigolds and the FE neoprene liner gloves. For equalization, I just wear the seal over the cuff of the inner glove, which works fine.

Never had a leak with the Santi gloves, but had one or two with the marigolds, due to being a ham fisted clot. No big drama, nothing more than a damp forearm, even on an hour long dive.

The only thing you'll struggle with is the cuff dump. If the gloves feel tight, you raise your arm, exactly like dumping from the cuff, to get air in there...

TBH, most divers who are at the dry gloves point in their career are already on shoulder dumps and while the suit is in for the cuffs to be fitted, you can get the dump changed if you want.
    I could be wrong but Iím pretty sure I can tighten the cuff dump and turn it off. That would do the trick for equalising.

At the risk of it all kicking off I really like the cuff dump so Iíll keep it and just tighten it up a notch to equalise.

Iíve got to send a few photos in of me wearing the suit for the alterations. It worked very well for the making of the dry suit so I have every confidence with the glove fitting.

Now I just need to rub together the pennies....would probably now lead nicely into the ďHow much?!Ē Thread!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast