Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Chestnut View Post
    I’ve been wrapping them around in such a way as to end up rotating the taps 90deg from the outside so that they are now against my body, making operation a little more awkward than it needs to be. I think they are tight enough, just badly positioned.

I’m going to experiment with a thinner gauge of bungee (4 or 6 instead of 8mm) & go for a wrap once or twice around the neck, as opposed to hooking onto the ‘horn’ of the valve.
    The tightness is achieved partly by the bungee pulling the cylinder round and inwards, counter to the boltsnap fastening on your hip D-ring. So move the hip fastening round on the cylinder a bit to adjust the valve position at the other end.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen - Winged Blob View Post
    The tightness is achieved partly by the bungee pulling the cylinder round and inwards, counter to the boltsnap fastening on your hip D-ring. So move the hip fastening round on the cylinder a bit to adjust the valve position at the other end.
    Thanks for that, I hadn’t considered it at all. If I rotate the lower bolt snap by 90deg, so it’s inline with the horn and not the valve aperture, it should sit where I want it when the bungee is in place.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My bolt snaps are in line with the valve 'horns' which will place the valve pointing downwards and outwards when the (steel) cylinder's dangling from the bolt snap and tension's on the bungee, pulling the cylinder back.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Length of leash can also be a factor, most people run the leash up towards the tank. I find the opposite works better running them downwards towards the bottom, especially when using Ally's.

Why not get a session in with a proper sidemount instructor - he / she can personalise your whole set up.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Felt better on my last couple of dives following a further adjustment to weighting and tweaking of the lower attachment point on each cylinder.

Next up is a swap from 12s to 7s.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lengthen the back and straps and drop the belt a bit to adjust the head down thing.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It’s good now (that element anyway).

I’m sure I looked lovely in the water the other day but my mate filmed the ceiling instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12