Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Zoop Novo not connecting with DM5

My Zoop Novo used to work fine with DM4, but cannot connect via the new DM5. I tried the new drive install described elsewhere, but to no avail.
    Unfortunately, I can't find DM4 available anywhere for download.

Has anyone had luck downloading dive information from a Zoop Novo via DM5?

Is there a software switch on the computer to put it in PC download mode?

Thanks,

Dave

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yes, you need to set the Zoop into download mode before it'll work. I myself would switch over to using Subsurface over DM but that's just me.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The instrument can be connected to a personal computer (PC), using the optional PC-Interface and its software. With the PC-Interface, dive data from the dive computer can be downloaded to a PC. The PC-Interface software can be used for educational and demonstration purposes, for planning dives, and for keeping a complete record of your dive history with the instrument. Complete Logbook data can also be included. Paper copies of your dive log and profiles can then easily be printed.
    To enter the Data Transfer select MODE- 1 MEMORY- 3 PC - SET

Rgds

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by wibble32 View Post
    The instrument can be connected to a personal computer (PC), using the optional PC-Interface and its software. With the PC-Interface, dive data from the dive computer can be downloaded to a PC. The PC-Interface software can be used for educational and demonstration purposes, for planning dives, and for keeping a complete record of your dive history with the instrument. Complete Logbook data can also be included. Paper copies of your dive log and profiles can then easily be printed.
    To enter the Data Transfer select MODE- 1 MEMORY- 3 PC - SET

Rgds
    My Zoop Novo has only 1. History and 2. Logbook under the Memory Mode. According to other information on the web, the original Zoop also has 3. PC.

Thanks,
    Dave

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveco2 View Post
    My Zoop Novo has only 1. History and 2. Logbook under the Memory Mode. According to other information on the web, the original Zoop also has 3. PC.

Thanks,
    Dave
    I reread the instruction manual. They state that several of their computers including the Zoop (not Zoop Novo specifically) require setting PC connect in the DC itself. They further state that all other computers (assuming Zoop Novo) are connected automatically and new dive data is downloaded automatically. In fact, that's how my Zoop Novo operated with DM4. Cannot get the same operation with DM5. An answer to an inquiry to Suunto is as follows:

"There might be some delays with the moves being transferred to Movescount, so we highly recommend is to wait for the coming updates since we are already working for permanent fix for this issue.
    Thank you for understanding. If you have any other questions, please let us know."

They have been working on this problem for several months.

Dave

Part time bubble-free.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveco2 View Post
    I reread the instruction manual. They state that several of their computers including the Zoop (not Zoop Novo specifically) require setting PC connect in the DC itself. They further state that all other computers (assuming Zoop Novo) are connected automatically and new dive data is downloaded automatically. In fact, that's how my Zoop Novo operated with DM4. Cannot get the same operation with DM5. An answer to an inquiry to Suunto is as follows:

"There might be some delays with the moves being transferred to Movescount, so we highly recommend is to wait for the coming updates since we are already working for permanent fix for this issue.
    Thank you for understanding. If you have any other questions, please let us know."

They have been working on this problem for several months.

Dave
    Nearly all of the new Suuntos detect the PC and turn themselves into data transfer mode. Have you tried re-installing the USB drivers and so forth? I've had problems where they've just uninstalled before. Also, check the port settings haven't changed. The DC should pretend it is a USB - COM port. Also, check and double check that the cable is connected properly, as the boots sometimes stop a good connection from being made.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    Nearly all of the new Suuntos detect the PC and turn themselves into data transfer mode. Have you tried re-installing the USB drivers and so forth? I've had problems where they've just uninstalled before. Also, check the port settings haven't changed. The DC should pretend it is a USB - COM port. Also, check and double check that the cable is connected properly, as the boots sometimes stop a good connection from being made.
    Thanks for the tips. I've tried them all - on three different computers. The DC, desktop computer, and cable worked great with DM4. No luck so far with DM5. If only I could go back to DM4.

Part time bubble-free.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Export the files from DM and use a 3rd party logging tool?