Team Starburst
    • Dec 2012

just buy waterproof gloves. ideally with some kevlar. 3mm and 5mm

Comment

• ziggi
      Established TDF Member
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by nigel hewitt
      After reading endless 'problem with my dry gloves' threads and seeing people on boats all wet that's what I really want to avoid.
      Yup, I had round rings, too bulky and too faffy.
      So I bought Antares oval rings, streamlined and non faffy but leaky.
      Back to neoprene with a semi dry seal

Comment

• AxeMan
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Ian@1904
        just buy waterproof gloves. ideally with some kevlar. 3mm and 5mm
        With the zips?

I broke two pairs of them.

The best 5mm gloves I've found are surprisingly from typhoon
        See http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/ for trip reports including Grand Cayman, Tulum and the Philippines

Comment

• Ian@1904
          Team Starburst
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by AxeMan
          With the zips?

I broke two pairs of them.

The best 5mm gloves I've found are surprisingly from typhoon
          Yes. With zips. I now have three pairs of these gloves. The non-kevlar are a bit knackered. The kevlar versions are good, very good. Perhaps you are a tad clumsy.....

Comment

• bottle maker
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

I use three fingered mitons from posioden. What I loose in dexterity by having three fingers is more than compensated by having warm hands. I can lay line in UK caves in winter and tie knots in SMB line after an hour in the water.

Comment

• Hot Totty
              Red Hot Totty ;)
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by nigel hewitt
              After reading endless 'problem with my dry gloves' threads and seeing people on boats all wet that's what I really want to avoid.
              Other than finding suitable gloves I have had zero problems with my system - but then it's simplicity is it's strength
              www.wapsac.co.uk
              Apparently becoming a grandad

Comment

• Wibs
                Established TDF Member
                • Aug 2015

Funny that the person diving a rebreather prefers the simplicity and reliability of wet gloves.

Lots if similarities: dry gloves are more expensive; require special techniques ('straw'); need to consider fallback options when they tear.... However, they're more comfortable, warmer, dry, give more dexterity... and keep your computers/compass/slates on your wrist. If JJ were to make dry gloves, they'd make Kubi.

Comment

• AxeMan
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Ian@1904
                  Yes. With zips. I now have three pairs of these gloves. The non-kevlar are a bit knackered. The kevlar versions are good, very good. Perhaps you are a tad clumsy.....
                  The zips all broke. I also found them a pain in the arse to do the zips up yourself
                  See http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/ for trip reports including Grand Cayman, Tulum and the Philippines

Comment

• Ian_6301
                    Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Wibs
                    Funny that the person diving a rebreather prefers the simplicity and reliability of wet gloves.

Lots if similarities: dry gloves are more expensive; require special techniques ('straw'); need to consider fallback options when they tear.... However, they're more comfortable, warmer, dry, give more dexterity... and keep your computers/compass/slates on your wrist. If JJ were to make dry gloves, they'd make Kubi.
                    +1 vote for the Kubis
                    Strategy without Tactics is the slowest route to Victory. Tactics without Strategy is the sound before defeat.

Comment

• Turbanator
                      Established TDF Member
                      • Dec 2012

Another vote for Kubis. I went for factory fitted with latex/silicone seals.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                      'I saw some purple slug things on the Scylla, so I squished them' - #MiniBodger

Comment

• Wibs
                        Established TDF Member
                        • Aug 2015

Just discovered the thicker, textured Kubi/Santi gloves. Bastard to fit on the Kubis, but far more resilience than the standard Marigold G17k gloves.

And warmer; spent 100 minutes in five degrees water last weekend and noticed my feet were cold.... meaning that the rest of me was warm. The luxury of a heated suit; pure decadence.

Comment

• Ian_6301
                          Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
                          • Jan 2013

Yup. Did 2 dives last weekend with a pretty big leak due to my poor neck seal placement, but barely noticed, certainly didn't care, even on the protracted run in, which included assisting a yacht and towing it back to the yacht haven.

Suit fitted with Kubi rings, thick Kubi/Santi textured gloves and 4th element neoprene under-gloves.

Heated vest courtesy of Santi. Not ever hot, but never cold. Even soaking wet and in the cold wind returning home.
                          Strategy without Tactics is the slowest route to Victory. Tactics without Strategy is the sound before defeat.

Comment

• Gareth J
                            TDF Member
                            • Sep 2013

Another vote for Kubis.

I previously had Sitech, whilst I enjoyed having warm hands in the winter, I hated the size of the rings.

The Kubis have been brill

Comment

• Cybes
                              Sand Dancer on Tour
                              • Feb 2014

Has anyone tried the new Santi Smart Gloves yet?

Comment

• Becky9
                                Diving Bore!
                                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Cybes
                                Has anyone tried the new Santi Smart Gloves yet?
                                A few friends have them, they seem to like them. I'm a big kubi fan of old, but thinking of trying the new Smart gloves, nagging doubts though lol x

Comment

Working...