Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gloves

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    After reading endless 'problem with my dry gloves' threads and seeing people on boats all wet that's what I really want to avoid.
    Other than finding suitable gloves I have had zero problems with my system - but then it's simplicity is it's strength
    www.wapsac.co.uk
    Apparently becoming a grandad

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Funny that the person diving a rebreather prefers the simplicity and reliability of wet gloves.

Lots if similarities: dry gloves are more expensive; require special techniques ('straw'); need to consider fallback options when they tear.... However, they're more comfortable, warmer, dry, give more dexterity... and keep your computers/compass/slates on your wrist. If JJ were to make dry gloves, they'd make Kubi.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian@1904 View Post
    Yes. With zips. I now have three pairs of these gloves. The non-kevlar are a bit knackered. The kevlar versions are good, very good. Perhaps you are a tad clumsy.....
    The zips all broke. I also found them a pain in the arse to do the zips up yourself

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    Funny that the person diving a rebreather prefers the simplicity and reliability of wet gloves.

Lots if similarities: dry gloves are more expensive; require special techniques ('straw'); need to consider fallback options when they tear.... However, they're more comfortable, warmer, dry, give more dexterity... and keep your computers/compass/slates on your wrist. If JJ were to make dry gloves, they'd make Kubi.
    +1 vote for the Kubis

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Another vote for Kubis. I went for factory fitted with latex/silicone seals.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    'I saw some purple slug things on the Scylla, so I squished them' - #MiniBodger

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just discovered the thicker, textured Kubi/Santi gloves. Bastard to fit on the Kubis, but far more resilience than the standard Marigold G17k gloves.

And warmer; spent 100 minutes in five degrees water last weekend and noticed my feet were cold.... meaning that the rest of me was warm. The luxury of a heated suit; pure decadence.

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yup. Did 2 dives last weekend with a pretty big leak due to my poor neck seal placement, but barely noticed, certainly didn't care, even on the protracted run in, which included assisting a yacht and towing it back to the yacht haven.

Suit fitted with Kubi rings, thick Kubi/Santi textured gloves and 4th element neoprene under-gloves.

Heated vest courtesy of Santi. Not ever hot, but never cold. Even soaking wet and in the cold wind returning home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123