X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jturner
    Established TDF Member
    • Jan 2013

OSEL iCCR

Only another year or so before we're all saved: "At this time we are anticipating that the iCCR Monitor fitted with solid state O2 sensors operating alongside traditional galvanic O2 sensors and end-tidal CO2 monitoring will resume shipping by the end of 2018".

The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I worked for etc.
  • jamesp
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Resume?

Comment

• nigel hewitt
      Established TDF Member
      • Sep 2013

We'll hang ourselves tomorrow...
      ...unless Godot comes.
      Helium, because I'm worth it.
      Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Comment

• gobfish1
        Last of the Mohicans
        • Jan 2013

The killer sticky o2 button has been sorted

A customer has had an Apoc oxygen injector fail twice,
        This problem was traced to use of contaminated oxygen.
        Divers generally take care to avoid contaminated gas or cylinders: it is a safety hazard.
        Oxygen cylinders must be free of detritus, including salt, rust, lol

Seem,s the customer is always wrong attitude , is still going strong at Open shite equipment ltd .

Mr dea,s will soon be the richest man in Portugal,

(this time next year Rodney edit Brad were going to be Millionaires )
        None diver as of 2018.

Comment

• ziggi
          Established TDF Member
          • Dec 2012

Beetlejuice

Comment

• Paul Evans
            Cheeky Monkey...
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by gobfish1

Can you imagine the poor schmucks who put the money up for the auto BCD ??? I bet Deas is on their christmas card list.............
            “Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.” — Mark Twain

Comment

• Alby R
              Established TDF Member
              • Mar 2013

FFS gobbers

shut up will you otherwise bralex will be back spouting more total shite.

alby

Originally posted by gobfish1
              The killer sticky o2 button has been sorted

A customer has had an Apoc oxygen injector fail twice,
              This problem was traced to use of contaminated oxygen.
              Divers generally take care to avoid contaminated gas or cylinders: it is a safety hazard.
              Oxygen cylinders must be free of detritus, including salt, rust, lol

Seem,s the customer is always wrong attitude , is still going strong at Open shite equipment ltd .

(this time next year Rodney edit Brad were going to be Millionaires )

Comment

• jturner
                Established TDF Member
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Alby R
                shut up will you otherwise bralex will be back spouting more total shite.
                "...delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness..."

The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I worked for etc.

Comment

• gobfish1
                  Last of the Mohicans
                  • Jan 2013

We moved our service centre from Glasgow in Q1 2017 in order to set up a dedicated Apocalypse
                  Rebreather service facility. Service times were extended substantially during this move, but are now
                  back on schedule. Normal service lead time for our recreational products is 6 weeks on recreational
                  dive products and on professional products within the declared service times.

love the useless Information they post ,

Tell me something useful if you have moved why not say were feeking to ,

Ie the back room of dea,s 4 bed Portuguese villa

normal service lol no feeker would send kit back, after waiting for 5 years to get it
                  Last edited by gobfish1; 08-12-2017, 03:57 PM.
                  None diver as of 2018.

Comment

• Darren A
                    Established TDF Member
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ziggi
                    Beetlejuice
                    Beetlejuice

Comment

• iain/hsm
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by jturner
                      Only another year or so before we're all saved: "At this time we are anticipating that the iCCR Monitor fitted with solid state O2 sensors operating alongside traditional galvanic O2 sensors and end-tidal CO2 monitoring will resume shipping by the end of 2018".

http://www.opensafety.co.uk/files/OS...2-20171201.pdf
                      Not all are saved, but I guess you know that already. Nice find mind.

An interesting opening statement they make: “We own all our IP for our surface supplied rebreather”
                      It doesn’t work on a sports divers forum but it does answer a number of professional diving questions.

EN14143, NORSOK U101 and IEC 61508 at the SIL 3 level again shows they are still moving ahead with the big picture plan.

Saturation Breathing simulators another “big stick” in the professional diving market.

ISO 9001:2008 to 2015 as well as 14001 shows the direction they are moving in and IEC EN 61508
                      with ATEX and Ex compliance will make it a full house.

Nine years has it been that long and still no one can beat 1.44j/L shame.
                      Makes the solid state sensor almost a piece of cake for them. Well done.

You may laugh at them and try and deride them from your position.
                      But just goes to show It takes continued skills to make state of the art diving stuff work.

When you have designed as much, built as much and innovated as much.
                      Then you can laugh.

In your case, you haven’t............ then all you can do is wait.
                      Last edited by iain/hsm; 11-12-2017, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• jturner
                        Established TDF Member
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by iain/hsm
                        Not all are saved, but I guess you know that already. Nice find mind.

An interesting opening statement they make: “We own all our IP for our surface supplied rebreather”
                        It doesn’t work on a sports divers forum but it does answer a number of professional diving questions.

EN14143, NORSOK U101 and IEC 61508 at the SIL 3 level again shows they are still moving ahead with the big picture plan.

Saturation Breathing simulators another “big stick” in the professional diving market.

ISO 9001:2008 to 2015 as well as 14001 shows the direction they are moving in and IEC EN 61508
                        with ATEX and Ex compliance will make it a full house.

Nine years has it been that long and still no one can beat 1.44j/L shame.
                        Makes the solid state sensor almost a piece of cake for them. Well done.

But just goes to show It takes continued skills to make state of the art diving stuff work.

When you have designed as much, built as much and innovated as much.
                        Then you can laugh.

In your case, you haven’t............ then all you can do is wait.
                        I know you love your messiahs Iain but this is a bit much, even from you. I can hear you hyperventilating from here. And what is my position that you refer to? Potential customer would be an accurate description. In fact, if OSEL have got real end-tidal CO2 monitoring working, I'll happily admit it was worth the wait. By real, I mean one that would actually measure end tidal CO2. Sadly, they often "exaggerate" somewhat... so I guess we'll have to keep waiting.

Comment

• simon mitchell
                          TDF Member
                          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by iain/hsm
                          Iain,

I had prepared a post with all of OSELs greatest hits over the years that essentially demonstrate that your optimism and idolatry are somewhat misplaced. But let's leave that till later if necessary.

Perhaps for now I should offer to independently test the ability of this rebreather to accurately measure end tidal CO2. If they really think they have nailed it, what have they got to lose?

Simon M
                          Last edited by simon mitchell; 12-12-2017, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Paul Evans
                            Cheeky Monkey...
                            • Dec 2012

I hear Technip have gone with the Divex Cobra on their latest DSV's

Just saying
                            “Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.” — Mark Twain

Comment

• jamesp
                              Established TDF Member
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Paul Evans
                              I hear Technip have gone with the Divex Cobra on their latest DSV's

Just saying
                              Is it April 1st all ready?

Comment

Working...