• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cybes
    Sand Dancer on Tour
    • Feb 2014

Xen issues

Strange things going on with my Xen.

In I went yesterday, only to find that the Xen wouldn't display depth. Not a big issue on this occasion. Familiar, safe site, good conditions and visibility, gentle nimble. We used my mates computer for depth.

Now I'm looking at the Xen more closely I find I can't change to the high visibility setting. All else looks good in the dive simulation mode.

I'll check it again next week when I go in again. Before I do I would like to sort out the visibility problem.

I changed the battery about a month or so ago. When the last one failed could it have locked the display into battery saving "dim" mode?

Has anyone seen this before?
  • steelemonkey
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Cybes
    Strange things going on with my Xen.

In I went yesterday, only to find that the Xen wouldn't display depth. Not a big issue on this occasion. Familiar, safe site, good conditions and visibility, gentle nimble. We used my mates computer for depth.

Now I'm looking at the Xen more closely I find I can't change to the high visibility setting. All else looks good in the dive simulation mode.

I'll check it again next week when I go in again. Before I do I would like to sort out the visibility problem.

I changed the battery about a month or so ago. When the last one failed could it have locked the display into battery saving "dim" mode?

Has anyone seen this before?
    If no-one is looking at it, does it really show anything?
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• steelemonkey
      Established TDF Member
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by steelemonkey
      If no-one is looking at it, does it really show anything?
      Oh sorry, Xen not Zen.
      Paul.
      If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
      Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Becky9
        Diving Bore!
        • Dec 2012

I don't normally lock mine, but it does prevent you from changing settings when it is locked, and its not alway apparent. I've had mine lock itself and I'd I've have to go in and unlock then change the settings.

x

Comment

• Cybes
          Sand Dancer on Tour
          • Feb 2014

Hello Becks,

Thanks for the advice but it isn't locked. I'll try changing out the battery again. If it's not that then I'm a bit stuck.

Comment

Working...