Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back mounted counter lungs sudjestions

Im looking at putting some back mounted lungs on my inspo classic.

I don't particularly want to go with the AP ones, as they cost more than i paid for the classic. They also come with another harness that i wont use and seem to be setup to be used with there harness. Also having the MAV's go to a seprate port on the back seems a bit cumbersome.

i know someone sells them on Ebay without the T-Peice and MAV's and i can move my T-Peice over and buy some mavs and it works out less than the AP ones.

I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions, looking around l like the look of the IQsub/JJ Tpices where i can have the mav going to the t-peace as well as the ADV, rather than AP's solution of having the MAV input as a separate port on the back. I'm just not sure if i can buy them from the manufactures.

Does anyone have any recommendations, and if i change the T-Peice's what do i have to take into consideration to use my existing AP hoses. I'm presuming i can just take the AP end off, put the new end onto the hose and it should be good to go.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You could have a look at Martinís site (Tecme.de) I think he also now sells the ATS (?) counterlungs, which I think would fit the iQsubs stuff. Buying the iQ subs stuff through golem gear could be expensive.

Another possible way to do it is go with your AP tee pieces and ADV, and have the MAV go into an adapter that goes on the snorkel tube thingy on the side of the inspo scrubber. Narkedat90 and Tecme both sell those. That way you can keep you AP hoses etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The separate port on the back is pretty handy for draining all the gob out of the lung

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I helped my mate put a set of AP lungs together and thought the ports and dumps on the back would get in the way, but strangely they donít. Tried the AP lungs ages ago and they were ok, but I donít like having 2 MAVs, being used to a rEvo/Titan Block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Go to bob scullion from technical dive training he makes them and they are superb quality he will answer any questions you ask

Alby

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He has sold shit loads of them and they are pretty well thought out.

Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I recently sold a set. Well worth the money although all the fitting add up to a fair wedge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.