Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83
  1. #61
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    1,200
    Likes (Given)
    1583
    Likes (Received)
    274
    The bobbit's my new hero.

  2. #62
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,782
    Likes (Given)
    551
    Likes (Received)
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilPage View Post
    The bobbit's my new hero.
    Don't know how true the Wikipedia entry is but the origin of the name of the Bobbitt worm will bring tears to most men's eyes!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

  3. #63
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    1,200
    Likes (Given)
    1583
    Likes (Received)
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    Don't know how true the Wikipedia entry is but the origin of the name of the Bobbitt worm will bring tears to most men's eyes!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt


    "Bobbit worms may be accidentally introduced into artificial environments.[4] In March 2009, the Blue Reef Aquarium in Newquay, Cornwall, discovered a Bobbit worm in one of their tanks. The workers had seen the damage caused by the worm, such as fish being injured or disappearing and coral being sliced in half, but did not find it until they started taking the display apart in the tank. The worm was nicknamed "Barry"

    Another Bobbit worm, 1.1 m (3 1⁄2 ft) long and several centimetres thick, was found October 7, 2013 in Maidenhead Aquatics in Woking, Surrey."


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...oral-reef.html

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1038...rium-fish.html
    Last edited by PhilPage; 14-11-2017 at 02:51 PM.

  4. #64
    Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Oman
    Posts
    1,008
    Likes (Given)
    169
    Likes (Received)
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    Don't know how true the Wikipedia entry is but the origin of the name of the Bobbitt worm will bring tears to most men's eyes!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt
    I remember that happening but didn't associate the lie-in-wait worm with her...

  5. #65
    Bewildered Nomad Phate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Portugal when not globetrotting!
    Posts
    3,495
    Likes (Given)
    1681
    Likes (Received)
    1095
    Having watched the episode, I now want a pet Bobbit.

  6. #66
    Bewildered Nomad Phate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Portugal when not globetrotting!
    Posts
    3,495
    Likes (Given)
    1681
    Likes (Received)
    1095
    Something for the rebreather divers here. One thing I noticed on last nights episode is that the camera crew on the Inspos all seemed to have "wonky" mouth pieces with the breathing tubes seemingly way too long on one side. Is this normal? Are they being special or is it totally fine?

  7. #67
    Part time bubble-free.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    2,136
    Likes (Given)
    457
    Likes (Received)
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    Something for the rebreather divers here. One thing I noticed on last nights episode is that the camera crew on the Inspos all seemed to have "wonky" mouth pieces with the breathing tubes seemingly way too long on one side. Is this normal? Are they being special or is it totally fine?
    Were they turning their heads at that point ie not looking directly forward?!!

    People do often leave their loop hoses a bit long. It is something APD themselves have commented on. The hoses are supplied long enough to fit just about anyone on the planet but can be cut down to size to make a more personal fit. Most people (me included) haven't bothered and thus have a little extra hose here and there. It isn't special, just lazy!

  8. #68
    Bewildered Nomad Phate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Portugal when not globetrotting!
    Posts
    3,495
    Likes (Given)
    1681
    Likes (Received)
    1095
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    Were they turning their heads at that point ie not looking directly forward?!!

    People do often leave their loop hoses a bit long. It is something APD themselves have commented on. The hoses are supplied long enough to fit just about anyone on the planet but can be cut down to size to make a more personal fit. Most people (me included) haven't bothered and thus have a little extra hose here and there. It isn't special, just lazy!
    Hmmm trying to remember, I seem to remember one of them looking head on and the hose being significantly longer then the other, causing the hose and mouth piece seeming to sit at a slanted angle. I am asking out of pure curiosity and ignorance with breather fingys

  9. #69
    Established TDF Member braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Near Slough, UK.
    Posts
    2,939
    Likes (Given)
    3499
    Likes (Received)
    1555
    Blog Entries
    1
    Be careful. The curiosity alone can lead to death

  10. #70
    Established TDF Member Steve C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Javea, Spain
    Posts
    542
    Likes (Given)
    412
    Likes (Received)
    238
    Is it just me getting pissed off by the rediculous sounds effects? Why demean such superb visuals with such unrealistic noise?


 
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •