Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Could start a fight in a convent. Mikael's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question Shower cubicle gearing rinsing

Does anyone have a handy solution for rinsing and drying dive gear in a shower cubicle?

I have relocated for a job and at the moment I don't have garage or similar for dealing with gear after a dive. Fortunately the dive club I have joined are happy for me store my larger items (cylinders and drysuit) at their filling station while I am staying at this smaller place. That still leaves items like dive computers, torches etc.

Obviously I can soak these in a tub in the shower but for hanging up to dry I am looking out for ideas. I have seen people using drying racks inside baths before. What could work well in shower?

Cheers,
    Why is it that with everything in life I always find a more difficult way of doing it (and not intentionally)

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I put an old pool cue across the top and use coat hangers on that. A broom handle will do the same thing.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Could start a fight in a convent. Mikael's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    I put an old pool cue across the top and use coat hangers on that. A broom handle will do the same thing.
    Like your thinking. Would avoid scratching the base of the shower too.
    Why is it that with everything in life I always find a more difficult way of doing it (and not intentionally)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have previously used a fold-up clothes rail in a shower cubicle. Did me fine for regs, computer, torches.
    2014 - 22 Dives
    2015 - 42 Dives
    2016 - ??? But has got to be more!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I use 4x of these from Tesco to hang up about 20 sets of gloves and hoods etc and they've been amazing in the space it saves.
    Cheap, but a bit flimsy for heavier items, so maybe get a raii as suggested and add some better/stronger pegs tied on.

The best bit is you hang stuff up scummy, use the shower to wash, then just leave to dry.
    Last edited by Tel; 17-09-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Just leave them in a sink to drain
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We have a scratchable batch so avoid rinsing in that.
    I fill up out gear gulper and soak stuff, then hang it over it on a drying frame (if it's wet out) to dry. When it's dry, it's packed in the gulper.
    This has the advantage that it always takes up the same footprint if you have limited space.
    'I saw some purple slug things on the Scylla, so I squished them' - #MiniBodger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Don't forget to warn visitors if you hang suits up. My ancient mother had quite a turn when she thought my lodger had hung himself in the shower!
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We use a broom handle across the top of the shower cubicle, and then stand gloves and hoods up over shower gel and shampoo bottles. Reg DIN cap covers with string loops on work well threaded onto the rail, or off butchers hooks is easier to place, just give them a shake every so often to move the water from where it settles in nooks and crannies. BCD or Wing on a big hanger. Computer and back up torches go in the sink to soak whilst I get everything else on hangers and hooked up then showered off to rinse, then once it's all done get hung up too.

If you can get the extractor fan to work without the lights that can help, I've been known to point a 12" desk fan into the shower cubicle if it needs to dry sooner with visitors coming, seems to work.

When I moved house, I put hooks in the joist over the bath, so stuff goes there now and drips. I also took the metal arms from a rotary drier, used some of the line through the middle hole and gaffa taped padding on each end. Dry suits and undersuits now hang on them to dry, straight through the arms supporting elbow to elbow, cord out through the neck so no pressure on any seal or zip.

Rich

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich1280 View Post
    We use a broom handle across the top of the shower cubicle, and then stand gloves and hoods up over shower gel and shampoo bottles. Reg DIN cap covers with string loops on work well threaded onto the rail, or off butchers hooks is easier to place, just give them a shake every so often to move the water from where it settles in nooks and crannies. BCD or Wing on a big hanger. Computer and back up torches go in the sink to soak whilst I get everything else on hangers and hooked up then showered off to rinse, then once it's all done get hung up too.

If you can get the extractor fan to work without the lights that can help, I've been known to point a 12" desk fan into the shower cubicle if it needs to dry sooner with visitors coming, seems to work.

When I moved house, I put hooks in the joist over the bath, so stuff goes there now and drips. I also took the metal arms from a rotary drier, used some of the line through the middle hole and gaffa taped padding on each end. Dry suits and undersuits now hang on them to dry, straight through the arms supporting elbow to elbow, cord out through the neck so no pressure on any seal or zip.

Rich
    I learnt that using a coat hanger through the neck causes a latex seal to stretch and deform. I now hang my suit upside down with one of those hangers that grips the feet.
    https://www.mikesdivestore.com/produ...BoCyY0QAvD_BwE
    Paul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast