Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Where'd The Bubbles Go ....? Capt Morgan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    A lot of people die whilst wearing the colour blue. So what?
    Don't dive an ECCR while wearing blue ? ☺️

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Training back in 1998 ,

TDI weekend rebreather course. I've been informed that the practical aspects of
    this course consisted of a 1 hour pool session, a 45 minute dive and 1 change of scrubber sofnolime - this is on top of the usual lectures and theory. no blue underpants needed .

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by gobfish1 View Post
    Training back in 1998 ,

TDI weekend rebreather course. I've been informed that the practical aspects of
    this course consisted of a 1 hour pool session, a 45 minute dive and 1 change of scrubber sofnolime - this is on top of the usual lectures and theory. no blue underpants needed .
    I did the IANTD course in 1996. One day of lectures (started at 12, broke for lunch while the fat ☺☺☺☺ of a guru necked a 16" pizza to himself, finished at 4). Next day diving which involved phoning round all my mates to scrounge a set of kit because Britain's greatest living wreck diver pitched up with no kit (because the ☺☺☺☺ fully intended to not get in the water with the diver on the unit), and two hours in the pool. Where we shared one rebreather between six people. Oh yeah, he turned up late as well as he did in a bottle of gin the night before.

The card that I am most proud of

I laugh my cock off every time I see him on the telly on some Monty Halls shite.
    Last edited by notdeadyet; 13-09-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Morgan View Post
    Does rEvo not sell a CE MCCR ?
    Fair point. Well made 👍

Janos
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't climb a ladder with a large bell in both hands - Vic Reeves
    Hellfins - a friendly London dive club
    My music video: Dive the UK, cos that's the way it is. Huh!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    Mark - just because I disagree with you does not make it snide and undermining.
    Quite right. What makes it snide and undermining is that you insist on playing the man and not the ball.

Again, thus type of faulty logic is so common that wise thinkers have given it a A fancy name

Janos
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't climb a ladder with a large bell in both hands - Vic Reeves

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    you have two (NDY and myself) with courses in 90s talking about current limiting.
    I don't recall talk of current limiting befire Ammers raised it. Any chance you could post up a photo from the relevant page of the manual from your course in the 90s? It would help,settle the debate.

Janos

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    I don't recall talk of current limiting befire Ammers raised it. Any chance you could post up a photo from the relevant page of the manual from your course in the 90s? It would help,settle the debate.

Janos
    I don't know if it still exists but it was discussed on the Yahoo groups homebuilders forum in the early 2000's. I'd assume that it would also have been discussed on the NW Designs rebreather list at the same period. I am pretty sure I read something from Kevin Juergensen a very long time ago as to why 0.9 was chosen for the Mk15/16 setpoint which raised the concept of current limiting (ie it could be verified on the surface predive).

I remember it being talked about on my EAN course round 94 in relation to analysing high oxygen mixes and the way cells die from the top down. It may not have been given a fancy title but it was certainly known about and discussed.

As I understand it, it is not unusual behaviour for a galvanic cell so I don't see why it wouldn't have been known about.

But if you didn't know about it prior to one particular post then I don't know what to say. I guess it never happened and both Graham and I are making it up for shits and giggles.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by notdeadyet; 13-09-2017 at 10:55 PM.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    I don't know if it still exists but it was discussed on the Yahoo groups homebuilders forum in the early 2000's. I'd assume that it would also have been discussed on the NW Designs rebreather list at the same period. I am pretty sure I read something from Kevin Juergensen a very long time ago as to why 0.9 was chosen for the Mk15/16 setpoint which raised the concept of current limiting (ie it could be verified on the surface predive).

I remember it being talked about on my EAN course round 94 in relation to analysing high oxygen mixes and the way cells die from the top down. It may not have been given a fancy title but it was certainly known about and discussed.

As I understand it, it is not unusual behaviour for a galvanic cell so I don't see why it wouldn't have been known about.

But if you didn't know about it prior to one particular post then I don't know what to say. I guess it never happened and both Graham and I are making it up for shits and giggles.

I,ve contacted Kevin and asked for his input.

At the time a lot of things were being played down, training was..........interesting and communication pre bulletin boards quite snail like.

I remember talking to my instructor (Later time frame) but this was known about pre 2000's I seem to remember a long discussion about it with Leon and how far back it was actually known about.

Kev is normally up for thi type of thing so hopefully he,ll pop along.
    Last edited by Paul Evans; 14-09-2017 at 03:50 PM. Reason: date 10 year out!!! FFS..........
    Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

Denis Waitley

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't remember the phrase 'current limiting' early on but I remember a discussion of cells and how they failed from my training in 2001.
    A cell failed "at the high end" first I think was the warning.
    Watch for a cell "not keeping up" at the high setpoint or the virtually inevitable overrun if you switched up on the descent.
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Evans View Post
    I,ve contacted Kevin and asked for his input.

At the time a lot of things were being played down, training was..........interesting and communication pre bulletin boards quite snail like.

I remember talking to my instructor (Later time frame) but this was known about pre 1990's I seem to remember a long discussion about it with Leon and how far back it was actually known about.

Kev is normally up for thi type of thing so hopefully he,ll pop along.
    I always wondered the part forums and bbs played. There seemed to be a big spike in non-English speakers at one point and I wondered if that was down to not having access to the same level of info.

I used to read a French forum and it was definitely not as well informed as RBW. Hard to believe Burgerworld was actually a good forum at one point before the Bundys took over

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast