Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notdeadyet
    Nicotine, valium, vicodin...
    • Jan 2013

I must've spent 30 quid on strobes over the last 20 years. Not a piece of kit I ever rated highly enough to get excited about.

Sent from my B1-850 using Tapatalk
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Comment

• MikeF
      Established TDF Member
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Mark Chase
      It helps avoid being run over by the cross channel ferry
      there's a hell of a tide running if you're in danger of being run over by the cross channel ferry when bagging off from a 40m dive off eyemouth...

Comment

• Paulo
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

On my 3rd Jotron. Last 2 flooded in 6m on their maiden trip
        If my post doesnt have a typo, then I have probably been hacked!

Comment

• Capt Morgan
          Where'd The Bubbles Go ....?
          • Dec 2012

I use two of the old Jotron strobes mounted head to toe and so far they have just worked.
          I couldn't stand the thought of loosing a couple of hundred quid of strobe, so they will do me.

Comment

• notdeadyet
            Nicotine, valium, vicodin...
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Paulo
            On my 3rd Jotron. Last 2 flooded in 6m on their maiden trip
            I was two for two on Jotrons as well. I don't trust the replacement, it stays in my kitbag for outdoors/surface activities. Another great YD recommendation, like Seaskin drysuits and miflex spg hoses.

Sent from my B1-850 using Tapatalk
            Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Comment

• Janos
              "Three Sheds"
              • Dec 2012

I had about 5 jotrons, four tectites two standard and two three cell including an expedition (Aluminium bodied one) and a Narked @ 90

I must have had well over £2000.00 worth of strobes which is frigging outrageous looking back at it

I dropped the Narked @ 90 I had the clip break and lost the Tectite Expedition and I flooded at least three Jotrons and binned them

I think I have three Tectites and a jotron left.

Through it all I still have my cheep beaver strobe I baught in 2000 which has been to 102m and never failed
              I've tried the Jotrons and the tectites and both are bright enough for my diving. The jotrons have all flooded but the tectites are absolutely fine (but as per chaseys advice I turn them off at 21m).

Janos
              You can lead a horse to water but you can't climb a ladder with a large bell in both hands - Vic Reeves
              Hellfins - a friendly London dive club
              My music video: Dive the UK, cos that's the way it is. Huh!

Comment

• witchieblackcat
                Established TDF Member
                • Dec 2012

It was rather pleasing to see my Trojan on the shot yesterday in the dark and iffy viz diving the Moya out of Eyemouth at ~70m.
                Maybe I could have found the line but having lights helped a lot!

Comment

• MW1963
                  M.D., Beaver Sports (Yorks) Ltd
                  • Jan 2016

I had about 5 jotrons, four tectites two standard and two three cell including an expedition (Aluminium bodied one) and a Narked @ 90

I must have had well over £2000.00 worth of strobes which is frigging outrageous looking back at it

I dropped the Narked @ 90 I had the clip break and lost the Tectite Expedition and I flooded at least three Jotrons and binned them

I think I have three Tectites and a jotron left.

Through it all I still have my cheep beaver strobe I baught in 2000 which has been to 102m and never failed
                  Mark, unfortunately the factory that produced lots and lots of our Spectrum Strobes and Electra Strobe/Torches closed down last year and they are now rather rare to find new. They were generally problem free and if the strobe didn't work nine times out of ten it was only the contact between the battery compartment and head that need a little tweek. Apart from other companies selling the same as we did, there has never been anything on similar lines, ie. reliable product which does what it says at a sensible price, with similar products costing around 10 times the price!! Due to the manufacturer closing, we have been working since November last year on tooling etc. for 2 new models, which we hope will have all the characteristics of the discontinued versions. We plan to have these available early in 2018.

Comment

Working...