Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buscopan

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There was definitely a shortage in the UK a year or two ago. Boots own brand changed to be the same active ingredient as Sturgeron but they've since changed it back.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I will be sorted come next week

Rememeber anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Where'd The Bubbles Go ....? Capt Morgan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I will be sorted come next week

So your mule is on its way

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Yip. Thats what baby brothers are for
    Rememeber anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Thanks Faye, I am hoping that my limited stocks will last til they are back in stock. My brother is coming over from UK next week anyway so I can get him to get me a load if needed
    If you came back up and dived with us you too could visit the U.K. Instead of waiting on your brother visiting you from the mainland 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pimp View Post
    If you came back up and dived with us you too could visit the U.K. Instead of waiting on your brother visiting you from the mainland ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Haha never took you for a unionist Ross

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by leehebs View Post
    The boots own of all one I have tried have been the best for me. I used them several years ago on a chartwork course on the second day in quite rough seas and even with my head down reading time over distance ect did not feel any nausea and I can get sea sick on a ferry .
    I used the boots own brand for the first time today. Admittedly it was fairly calm but I didn't feel even the slightest tom dick and certainly no blowing chunks like last time! Fingers crossed I've found my Miracle cure.....but I've thought that before, I've also thought I have finally managed to get my sea legs only to be proved very wrong the very next trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    You are cynical! The notices (seem to be the same one repeated) all suggest technical issues, which suggests to me it is made on one old equipment line somewhere and that's broken down. You cannot qualify a new piece of kit or production line to just make stuff in 5 days. Think more like 5 months plus, which also matches their expected dates in the memo. The volumes sold probably don't justify building a second line and even if the company did, it would put the cost up so much the product would be driven out of the market. Looks to me like an old line has carc'd it.
    Regarding the 300 per tablet comment, you'd be surprised how many products are made on unique production lines. There's one group of large volume products made by one big company I know that are ALL (as in all of them used in the world) made in one place on a unique custom built line. If that building or line were to be destroyed..... well, you can guess the rest.
    That was the line they pedaled for Malerone - only made in one line, stupidly expensive to keep running etc etc - until generics became available at which point the price fell by 60% more or less overnight. Amusingly I had one pack of generics that obviously contained pills that had come off two different lines

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Do we get the 'dimenhydrinate' or something similar sounding tablets in the UK? I used to get them as yellow pills in Asia the found Boots ( in Singapore and Thailand) did their own brand in pink. I don't think I've looked for them here, but they worked for me

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w View Post
    Do we get the 'dimenhydrinate' or something similar sounding tablets in the UK? I used to get them as yellow pills in Asia the found Boots ( in Singapore and Thailand) did their own brand in pink. I don't think I've looked for them here, but they worked for me

No not in the UK for decades, available still in Mexico , Spain and Egypt and apparently Thailand and others as well. Seems effective, is a drug with a mixture of antihistamine (like Stugeron Cinnarizine) and anticholinergic (like Qwells Hyoscine) actions. Can cause drowsiness so check its effect on you before diving.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast