• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heatseeker
    New TDF Member
    • Jun 2017

logging dive

Hey,
    What do people recommend for logging dives? I prefer an app which syncs with a website so I can have access from my phone and pc to edit easily. I currently use the ssi app, but it crashes, doesn't sync, and doesn't actually save half of the entries. Any good recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  • AndrewRawlingson
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Tap Forms - generic, reliable database software with custom fields and good export options. Syncing is an option, but I don't use it. I prefer to backup manually.

Comment

• Neilwood
      Established TDF Member
      • Oct 2015

Subsurface.

Pc based but stores the log on line as well as locally meaning that when using their app it is available to be read. Also imports from most dive computers (there are issues with a few due to Bluetooth LE).

Comment

• Wardy_uk
        Established TDF Member
        • Jan 2016

+1 for subsurface

also syncs to numerous other dive logging sites if the ui isnt your cuo of tea

Comment

• the_dragon_no1
          New TDF Member
          • Jul 2017

+1 Subsurface.
          Btw, they did release a beta update a few days ago that also let you upload log directly from comp to phone now! (android) And of course it also sync database in sky for pc.

Tested and working, for me! (Shearwater Petrel 1)

Comment

• Wardy_uk
            Established TDF Member
            • Jan 2016

how do you get the beta?

edit - scratch that.. found it
            Last edited by Wardy_uk; 12-07-2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Neilwood
              Established TDF Member
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by the_dragon_no1
              +1 Subsurface.
              Btw, they did release a beta update a few days ago that also let you upload log directly from comp to phone now! (android) And of course it also sync database in sky for pc.

Tested and working, for me! (Shearwater Petrel 1)
              I wonder if it works for the Perdix AI???

Comment

• the_dragon_no1
                New TDF Member
                • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Neilwood
                I wonder if it works for the Perdix AI???
                Yes!

Check out theire website or FB page for more info

Comment

• Neilwood
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Oct 2015

Originally posted by the_dragon_no1
                  Yes!

Check out theire website or FB page for more info
                  ������

Comment

• IainC
                    TDF Member
                    • Feb 2014

Paper and Pen? :-)

Comment

• JimmE
                      Established TDF Member
                      • Dec 2012

I use 'Diving Log' which has worked well for me for the last few years, I would guess since around 2009. Syncs to an iPhone app as well as various online services, and has its own dive computer download module which I find faster than the official Suunto one.

If I was looking again now I'd certainly look at subsurface as I've heard good things, but having paid for a licence for Diving Log and been very happy with it I've had to reason to look in detail at any other systems.

Certainly a big improvement on all the versions of Suunto DM I used previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      www.eastcornwalldivers.co.uk

Comment

• Neilwood
                        Established TDF Member
                        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by JimmE
                        I use 'Diving Log' which has worked well for me for the last few years, I would guess since around 2009. Syncs to an iPhone app as well as various online services, and has its own dive computer download module which I find faster than the official Suunto one.

If I was looking again now I'd certainly look at subsurface as I've heard good things, but having paid for a licence for Diving Log and been very happy with it I've had to reason to look in detail at any other systems.

Certainly a big improvement on all the versions of Suunto DM I used previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I have certainly found that the independent log programs are better than the manufacturer supplied ones - there is a bit more polish and more options with the independents (you have to choose to use them so I guess they need to work harder) whereas the manufacturer ones seem to be a lot more basic.

Comment

• matt
                          Established TDF Member
                          • Dec 2012

I use the SW desktop, the APD DiveSight and a very simple XLS list.

I logged with pen and paper the first 1,100 or so.

Matt.

Comment

• Balanus
                            TDF Member
                            • Jan 2013

Slight thread hijack coming.....are there any digital dive loggging apps or software that allow you to combine dives? When instructing I often need to surface, doing CESAs or controlled buoyant lifts for instance, and my computer thinks I've finished the dive. I log using a notebook but having just moved to a Shearwater Perdix and downloaded their software I thought I might give that a go but unfortunately you can't amalgamate several "dives" into one.

Comment

• Tim Digger
                              Prior Member
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Neilwood
                              I have certainly found that the independent log programs are better than the manufacturer supplied ones - there is a bit more polish and more options with the independents (you have to choose to use them so I guess they need to work harder) whereas the manufacturer ones seem to be a lot more basic.
                              I would agree with that and suggest (in a Tyneside accent) That SUUNTO offerings in this respect are "All Fir Cooat and Nae Knickers".
                              Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
                              Tim Digger

Comment

Working...