Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Does anyone know where you can do BSAC Sports Theory practice questions online?

I was told you could on the BSAC site, but I can't find any, and I really need to get practicing.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Established TDF Member Wardy_uk's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    maybe have a word with your DO - you might be able to talk them into letting you have one of the live papers to practice on?

the online questions are not really that much like the real papers IMO - although are still helpful

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Id second asking for a paper to look at, the club should have 4 sports diver papers at hand (and i think theirs another 4 you can ask HQ for if you really need them.)

The other thing to do is just have a go at the exam, there no penalty for failing (other than the time it took you to do the paper), and you can retake it again on a different paper.

I would say if you do borrow one to practice, when you do the exam read the questions very carefully, as some can be worded very closely but asking just a slight different question, and its easy to skim read the question and think you know the answer.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The question at the end of each chapter/lesson in the ring bound course materials are quite similar. BSAC exam questions can be a bit nasty btw.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Id second asking for a paper to look at, the club should have 4 sports diver papers at hand (and i think theirs another 4 you can ask HQ for if you really need them.)

The other thing to do is just have a go at the exam, there no penalty for failing (other than the time it took you to do the paper), and you can retake it again on a different paper.

I would say if you do borrow one to practice, when you do the exam read the questions very carefully, as some can be worded very closely but asking just a slight different question, and its easy to skim read the question and think you know the answer.
    I thought you could only take the test a set amount of times.......

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy_uk View Post
    maybe have a word with your DO - you might be able to talk them into letting you have one of the live papers to practice on?

the online questions are not really that much like the real papers IMO - although are still helpful
    Someone has actually been going through them with me at the club which has been great, but I wanted to get some practice in too....

Its the more complicated tables questions I'm concerned about.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Someone said they thought some old papers were online...... maybe not then

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sim667 View Post
    I thought you could only take the test a set amount of times.......
    Not that I know of, there are 8 papers in total.
    If you have taken it that many times then there is an issue with your instructors not insuring you understand the material, or someone just not getting it at all.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sim667 View Post
    Someone said they thought some old papers were online...... maybe not then
    If they were old papers then they wouldn't reflect the courent course content.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast