Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toby43
    TDF Member
    • Aug 2013

Mods could you move this thread from the cave to the clickbait forum where it now belongs?

Comment

• OutOfTest
      Established TDF Member
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by toby43
      Mods could you move this thread from the cave to the clickbait forum where it now belongs?
      "Here's a nice shiny apple too.

No skin off my brown nose if you don't want it though"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• WFO
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by OutOfTest
        You don't NEED an OW course. Or any course.

I dive homebuild and commercial rebreathers, sidemount, chestmount and backmount filled with hypoxic trimix which I blend myself (all diving grade too :O) whilst riding on scooters of all different types at depths most would shy away from literally kilometres inside caves.

My only ticket from a recognised training agency is my PADI junior rescue diver...
        I am shocked and appalled at this post.

Diving grade?
        Are you made of bloody money?

Comment

• OutOfTest
          Established TDF Member
          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by WFO
          I am shocked and appalled at this post.

Diving grade?
          Are you made of bloody money?
          Oxygen works out more expensive, but the helium actually works out cheaper than all other helium my supplier does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Paulo
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

It is not my thing but we did have 4 x sidemounters on the boat this weekend. All survived and no one died.
            If my post doesnt have a typo, then I have probably been hacked!

Comment

• Wibs
              Established TDF Member
              • Aug 2015

As so many people whitter on about Sidemount, decided to give it a go on a mini "course" whilst on holiday.

Amazing how stable the sidemount rig is in the water without that massive weight on your back, especially if you turn sideways. Nice to be able to lift and carry each cylinder separately rather than risking putting my back out. And it's great to be able to see the valves and manipulate them in front of you.

Sure, there's a few new things to get used to, such as managing the gas in each tin. But it's also good to get rid of the manifold and have two completely independent gas sources. Will probably need a longer umbilical cable for my light, and stashing larger backup torches is different.

Yeah, sidemount is really shit.

Comment

Working...