Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Narkox substitute for kubis

I've got Kubis which work really well when I use narkox oil.

However at 18 quid a bottle its fairly expensive, but it does make them easier to don than o2 grease did.

So what is narkox made from and does anyone know of another option?

Thanks

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by fibre View Post
    I've got Kubis
    Hi Fibre.

Is that an offshore disease? if so have you tried asking Dr Death at DDRC I could ask him for you if your shy (Maurice Cross and I go way back to our Comex days) he's retired mind.
    or do you mean Kubiss Cosmetics if so I hear "Chelsea Manning" is out and about and could help keep things secret.
    Or we talking about your leaky Kubi gloves?

As for "Narkok" oil its a bit like the "Ouroboros" except as the Americans would use the term "Snake oil"

As its simply the clear perfluocarbon or perfluropolyether base liquid that is the base of most oxygen compatible lubricants and greases.
    Only they dont tell you which one and is a waste of time cos it washes out so darn fast.

To make it into the grease, this is the addition of either microscopic PTFE flakes or microscopic grains that act as thickeners in say Christolube MCG 111 against say the cheaper half price Christo-Lube MCG-129. Other vendors use French talc as the thickener as its even cheaper but again when the clear liquid washes out leaving the hard talk core your wondering why stuff leaks.

One reason why you should always use grease in a tube is so you can sqush it about before using it to mix any separated clear oil that may have separated out over time with the white PTFE thickener, this happens in both the tube and pots or these silly syringes that are incresingley popular with the amatuers and the respected dive shop suppliers. Either way only with the tubes can you effect mixing without contaminating the content. Using your fingers poking about in a pot dont count.

Put a tiny amount of grease in a clear zip lock bag with your 0-rings and sqush them about as long as you like, that way you use less grease, save clarting up your fingers and the bench and save contaminating said bench and the content O-rings with dust dirt and sand particles before using them.
    It's an old offshore divers "Trick of the Trade"
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 19-05-2017 at 04:18 PM.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've got Kubis which work really well when I use narkox oil.

However at 18 quid a bottle its fairly expensive, but it does make them easier to don than o2 grease did.

So what is narkox made from and does anyone know of another option?

Thanks
    Erm a bit of spit on the o rings works well for me but in the end I put a hint of a sniff of a whiff (i.e. Not much) silicon grease on the sealing o ring and that's worked a treat.

To get them off just use the edge of a (plastic/delrin ) spool to lever them apart. The spool works really well btw.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Oh I've just had a thought. I could send you a small bottle of my spit if that helps, bargain at a tenner ;-)

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks Iain, I could try Maurice but Im not into ouija boards unfortunalty.

I'm also not going to use narkox for anything other than greasing my currently non leaky Kubis.

As for the 10 bottle of spit from minimalmayhem - you can tell it's Friday can't you:OMG

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks Iain, I could try Maurice but Im not into ouija boards unfortunalty.

I'm also not going to use narkox for anything other than greasing my currently non leaky Kubis.

As for the 10 bottle of spit from minimalmayhem - you can tell it's Friday can't you:OMG
    Clearly not you though

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Been selling and using Kubis for a number of years and only ever recommended and use is a handy tongue.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How about jollop or if your intent on using 'oil' go to a plumbers merchant and get a tin of silicone spray (used for assembling push fit soil fittings)

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Or Pledge. I just lick mine, it makes a change from windows.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    'I saw some purple slug things on the Scylla, so I squished them' - #MiniBodger

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've had mine for a year and have always just licked them.
    Worked fine, never popped off underwater and no problem donning and doffing.

Until the last month or so where after 90 minutes you can't get the fkers off!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast