Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Totty View Post
    Until they change the battery fitting - then your fooked. Any one want to make an offer for 8 dewalt power tools using the older nicad/nano batteries
    You can still get compatible replacement Ni-Cd batteries from Amazon. Got a couple last year for my old DeWalt.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    You can still get compatible replacement Ni-Cd batteries from Amazon. Got a couple last year for my old DeWalt.
    I need a charger and a battery, I was ready to bin the drill.
    I thought it was too old for "salvaging", I will be digging it out for the model number and having a search.
    Ta for that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    Yes but there not very high on the amp/hr, 2.4 I seem to remember. At the moment I have 2 li-ion nano things that I cycle round the other tools it's just a tadge irritating to keep stopping batteries. Considering replacement of the whole 18v system but not sure what to go for as battery compatibility long term is more important to me. I have a Bosch 36v SDS drill that has seen an awful lot of use (12 yrs old still going strong) but the current battery will fit my old drill, that means a lot to me.

Established TDF Member rockystock1's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Totty View Post
    Yes but there not very high on the amp/hr, 2.4 I seem to remember. At the moment I have 2 li-ion nano things that I cycle round the other tools it's just a tadge irritating to keep stopping batteries. Considering replacement of the whole 18v system but not sure what to go for as battery compatibility long term is more important to me. I have a Bosch 36v SDS drill that has seen an awful lot of use (12 yrs old still going strong) but the current battery will fit my old drill, that means a lot to me.
    Those Bosch sds drills are bullet proof, just a shame about the rest of the range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockystock1 View Post
    Those Bosch sds drills are bullet proof, just a shame about the rest of the range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We had two of the Bosch gbh 36v sds drills. They seemed expensive at the time (300 inc 3 batteries) but they have lasted well. Average 40 6mm holes a day into overhead concrete, lasted 8 years. 50,000 holes or so. Dust in the triggers/battery control board killed them. The tool bodies are actually quite cheap - 130ish. I've replaced them and kept them as spares. They are very light for what they can do.

Does not play nicely with others drysuitdiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
    We had two of the Bosch gbh 36v sds drills. They seemed expensive at the time (300 inc 3 batteries) but they have lasted well. Average 40 6mm holes a day into overhead concrete, lasted 8 years. 50,000 holes or so. Dust in the triggers/battery control board killed them. The tool bodies are actually quite cheap - 130ish. I've replaced them and kept them as spares. They are very light for what they can do.
    imagine what that silica is doing to your lungs .....

they are good , and with a good dust extraction they are amazing.

For professional work the Hilti stuff is really good. the dust extraction on them is top of the range . and if it breaks in warranty ( crossrail sparks - heavy handed) a new one arrives the next day by courier. best turnround we had was calling the rep at 09.15 , he turned up at 10.00 as was local and gave us a brand new one from the stock in his vehicle .
    Those who think they got away with things had better watch their backs.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's the reason we moved to Hilti. The cordless DRS extraction is great. We did have extract on the Bosch but it was cumbersome and needed a vac with it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456