Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Doing it with or without air. Bantam's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Poseidon Regs and Nitrox

For quite a few years, I've been using Poseidon Cyklon 5000 as my stage regulator, having had them 'O2 Cleaned' and an o2 compatible kit fitted apparently. Mainly because the Poseidon is great as a stage reg with the fact it can be breathed either direction.

However, I'm now a bit nervous as looking on Poseidon UK's website, I noticed the FAQ says;

"A: The Cyklon, Jetstream and Xstream Deep are certified and approved with gas mixes that contains a maximum of 21% oxygen.
    The mentioned regulator models have Nitril o-rings and a silicon based lubricant is used, so it's not suitable for gas mixes that have higher levels of oxygen."

I get that, out of the box, most regs have nitrile o-rings and silicone lube, but assuming mine's got viton o-rings and christolube, and is cleaned, it should be OK.

I have found a 100% O2 service kit for the 2nd stage, but nothing for the 3950 1st stage, and nothing obviously official.

So does a genuine O2 service kit exist for the Poseidon Cyklon 1st and 2nd Stage? I've done a bit of googling and only found a german ebay seller who does the 2nd stage stuff, and nothing for the 1st stage.

I've also found out my LDS won't service Poseidon any more - does any know if Roho or Divers Warehouse will do so? Or even SDS?

Worst comes to the worst, my pool regs (Apeks DST with TX50) could become my stage reg and I could just use the Poseidon as the pool regs, assuming I can get an Octopus to work with the Interstage Pressure of the Poseidon.
    Last edited by Bantam; 20-04-2017 at 03:30 PM.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Too dangerous to keep using. I will pay the shipping cost and help you to dispose them in a safe way!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Doing it with or without air. Bantam's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD View Post
    Too dangerous to keep using. I will pay the shipping cost and help you to dispose them in a safe way!
    Hahaha. Not likely. I'm already one Poseidon 1st stage down as someone who owns a dive boat in the north of scotland nicked one of my pair of Poseidon 3950 1st Stages.