Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Santi undersuits BZ400 or Flex360

Bit of a long one, but I ordered a BZ400 from DiveLife pre Christmas, which didnt arrive. We have the money back from the credit card, so no real problems there, and now getting around to re ordering the undersuit. I've just seen the new Flex360 offering, and wondered if anyone had seen one in the flesh, so to speak, or tried one? It's a chunk more money, but I'm spending Christmas present cash so I can top up if its worth it, but it seems overkill perhaps.
    Im currently in a Whites Thermal Fusion which is lovely and stretchy, easy for valve drills but a faff to get in and out of. It's fine most of the year but quite nippy in the March-April early season trips if that slants thermal property advice.
    Many thanks,
    Rich

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    all depends on dive times, water temps and your tolerance to cold

400g thinsulate are much warmer and more flood tolerant than other undersuits

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    what size of a bz400 are you looking, i've a xls with less than 30 dives

Established TDF Member OutOfTest's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've seen the flex 360 in person, not tried it though.

For the dives I'm doing (3+ hours in sub 10 degree water) I'll stick with the bz400 as it looks warmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks Dixi, But I'm looking at a Large, maybe with shorter legs. The LS was too short on body hoop, was getting a permanent wedgie!

Thanks OOT, I'm not in the water that long, so I may hold out to see one in person. :-)

Rich

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich1280 View Post
    Bit of a long one, but I ordered a BZ400 from DiveLife pre Christmas, which didnt arrive. We have the money back from the credit card, so no real problems there, and now getting around to re ordering the undersuit. I've just seen the new Flex360 offering, and wondered if anyone had seen one in the flesh, so to speak, or tried one? It's a chunk more money, but I'm spending Christmas present cash so I can top up if its worth it, but it seems overkill perhaps.
    Im currently in a Whites Thermal Fusion which is lovely and stretchy, easy for valve drills but a faff to get in and out of. It's fine most of the year but quite nippy in the March-April early season trips if that slants thermal property advice.
    Many thanks,
    Rich

Tried one on a few a couple of days ago and was pleasantly surprised. I was set to dislike, but really quite liked it. Didn't get the chance to dive in it as it was afterthought so I'd reserve a bit of judgement there. I would say that a 400 would be warmer, arms particially. I'm thinking about getting one though. x

Edit: Would say Jb2cool of these parts tried it too and he wasn't quite so keen - he dives a whites, maybe a size issue, but I thought I'd mention for balance sake x
    Last edited by Becky9; 20-04-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Could start a fight in a convent. Mikael's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I am curious what you find faffy about the getting in and out off of the whites fusion?
    I find the material can bunch a bit around the calf of the leg so take a little more care here but adjusting is not hard.
    For the colder months I have used a santi vest (non-heated) between my base layer and under the whites to good effect.

Best of luck. The 360 looks interesting
    Why is it that with everything in life I always find a more difficult way of doing it (and not intentionally)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I found the Flex 360 kind of stiff and I didn't find it particularly flexible/manoeuvrable but as it was a brand new 'never-worn' suit and not necessarily the correct size i might not have been particularly fair on it. What I liked about it was that it was pretty low-bulk and you can order it with different sizes for the main body and the over-jacket.

According to the Santi website it retains 98% of the thermal efficiency when wet which seems impressive.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cheers all, that's really useful. I think I find climbing in through neck a faff, and then snugging out the different layers and bulk around my legs. Its fine most of the year for warmth, and the Santi 200 warming vest under it is great, as you say in the colder months.
    I think I'll end up with a BZ400 due to being able to shorten legs on the suit, but thought it may be worth a look. Think I'll hold out to see one in person for now, there's no super rush!
    Rich