Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
More likely 70% than 1 bar O2, Tim. But the point is the same. Not seen many go onto O2 unless they feel bent. Personally I stop on the 70% ~5 mins after surfacing - just the pick-up, get out and doff time.
Originally Posted by Tim Digger
Originally Posted by JonG
I had my PFO fixed in early in 2014 after similar skin bends and visual disturbances, I have completed over 150 dives since then around the world with no recurrences whatsoever. However, for my own piece of mind I do the following:
- use nitrox 32% whenever possible
- hydrate well, all day and evening
- have an afternoon off in a week of diving and a day off if doing 10 days (I.e. Two live aboards back to back)
- set my Suunto to P1 I.e slightly more conservative
- have nice long stops and very slow ascents to the surface (very important to me)
Generally I don't deco dive and I don't think you will be allowed in Egypt on a recreational dive trip.
The only issue I've had since my PFO fixed has been an ear infection from our check dive in Maldives near Male when I forgot the ear spray.
Enjoy your dives, monitor your own diving, stay within the limits you are happy with, listen to what your body tells you and you'll be fine.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk