Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cathal View Post
    Interesting to see how the WOB is at depth.
    Based on hydrostatic balance it will be better than standard, the TOS Inspo lungs I made were dived from 5m to 75m and were great. Also the smaller volume better tuned to the size of my lungs helps with minimum loop as it limits the amount of gas you can add to the lungs (which are made for your "average" person!)
    Last edited by Garspeed; 18-04-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They look great.

Like the idea of the self dumping on a bailout ascent. Considering putting some restriction on the outer bag size on my homebuild to give the same effect as there is lots of volume there over and above mlv.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Any chance of some more detail on how you mount your suit bottle? Mines in a loop of webbing with some bungee round the neck (valve down)

Problem I have is the edge of the backplate knocks fk out of the bottle.

No major issue really but not sure how much gouging is acceptable with 200 bar in there.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garspeed View Post
    Based on hydrostatic balance it will be better than standard, the TOS Inspo lungs I made were dived from 5m to 75m and were great. Also the smaller volume better tuned to the size of my lungs helps with minimum loop as it limits the amount of gas you can add to the lungs (which are made for your "average" person!)
    surely that all depends on whether your lying flat in 'perfect flat trim' or constantly standing upright and gazing about looking to see were your buddy has got to now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nice one Gar. Always knew it wasn't perfect ;-)

Matt.

Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garspeed View Post
    Okay, so it has been a long time coming but here goes. Let me start by saying sorry to the JJ masses who think that this unit is perfect, please don't seek me out and string me up!

I have been diving the JJ for just shy of one year now and having come from an AP unit think that the engineering is beautiful. That said, she is far from perfect and amongst my pet hates / annoyances are as follows...
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Nice one Gar. Always knew it wasn't perfect ;-)

Matt.
    The JJOC would like to have a word with the pair of you...

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Any chance of some more detail on how you mount your suit bottle? Mines in a loop of webbing with some bungee round the neck (valve down)

Problem I have is the edge of the backplate knocks fk out of the bottle.

No major issue really but not sure how much gouging is acceptable with 200 bar in there.
    Always done same but this time round I have a loop of webbing at either end of suit inflate cylinder (before neck taper) so it therefore sits in two loops with same bungee round neck to stop it slipping out. Seems to support it better, keep it parallel and away from bashing neck off of back plate and limit the slippage on the bungee (sorry, no photo handy!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12