X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fibre
    TDF Member
    • Sep 2013

Shocking service from Divers Warehouse

At what point do you give up on someone?

I ordered some parts from DW last October because of their 'not going to the diveshow' discount.

The first bit arrived around the middle of December but only after a number of emails/calls asking about it.

The second item though I'm still waiting on

I've phoned them, asked for a refund - and been promised it. I've had emails saying the item will be dispatched on a certain week. I was told that the item was out of stock at the distributors and finally for the past few weeks I've been totally ignored.

Now, I know for certain that I can go directly to the distributor and buy this item as I was there a week ago, for a totally different reason, and spoke to them. It's on the shelf and they have a very good distribution system, So someone is not being truthful over the reason I am still waiting.

Now this isn't a high value purchase but it could have been. It shows that although your LDS might be more costly, at least you can pop in and discuss it without being given the phone call run around - it's amazing that a retail company only has one particular person to do certain tasks.

Overall I am just disappointed. DW used to be a great company to buy from, now I'm not so certain.
  • Spirit of Guernsey
    Established WTF Member
    • Dec 2012

Did you pay by credit card?
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine – French critic and historian (1828-93)

Comment

• fibre
      TDF Member
      • Sep 2013

Credit Card via PayPal.

That was one of the excuses - only one person could issue a PayPal refund. Which they then didn't do any way and then followed up with an email claiming it would be sent out the following week

Comment

• Neilwood
        Established TDF Member
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Spirit of Guernsey
        Did you pay by credit card?
        Exactly - buy with credit card, get a refund from them and let them and the retailer fight it out.

Failing that - take an action out in small claims court if it is under the threshold - CAB guide.

Comment

• NWdiver
          TDF Member
          • Oct 2015

They have recently moved out of the building they shared with Otter and gone elsewhere. It's allegedly a bit of a shambolic looking set up they've got now. After the DiveLife saga, I'd be looking to get my money back asap.

Comment

• CraigofScotland
            Needing a poo
            • Dec 2012

You payed by paypal, its piss easy. Go to that transaction on paypal and start a dispute.

The seller gets to have their input to resolve or paypal give you money back.

9 times out of 10 it just motivates a solution but you then get money back if you dont.

Comment

• Stew W
              #VanGogh
              • Jun 2013

Dispute the transaction on Paypal. DW did the same to me. 3 weeks waiting for a refund, despite numerous emails, one dispute and 24hrs later money back.
              "Depends if you do your ascent on the way up" GLOC 2014

Comment

• bottle maker
                Established TDF Member
                • Dec 2012

I would just like to say that divers Warehouse and Otter dry-suits are completely separate companies so this is no reason to stop anybody buying an Otter suit.

Graham.

Comment

• Doomanic
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Dec 2012

Bugger. I bought new gauges for my box from Divers Warehouse last week. They claim they've ordered them from AP and are waiting for them to arrive.
                  Originally posted by Chrisch
                  Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Comment

• Darren A
                    Established TDF Member
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Doomanic
                    Bugger. I bought new gauges for my box from Divers Warehouse last week. They claim they've ordered them from AP and are waiting for them to arrive.
                    Couldn't you just have gone to AP direct?

Comment

• Piemaster
                      TDF Member
                      • Dec 2012

I had exactly the same with them a couple of months back. Opened a PayPal dispute and funnily enough they issued a refund the next day.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Darren A
                        Established TDF Member
                        • Dec 2012

Do these places not understand that these experiences of terrible customer service, when shared, are read by hundreds of people, passed on by word of mouth by many more and available to everyone on Google for future reference?

As Iain would say 'Time to get the gear that's in for service outta there' !

Comment

• Doomanic
                          Established TDF Member
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Darren A
                          Couldn't you just have gone to AP direct?
                          I was lead by my wallet on this occasion. As they were £35 cheaper I was expecting to be told it was a mistake.
                          Originally posted by Chrisch
                          Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Comment

• thetrickster
                            Established TDF Member
                            • Dec 2012

I've been getting a lot of 'offer' emails from Divers Warehouse recently...

perhaps looking for some quick cash flow?

Comment

• fibre
                              TDF Member
                              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Doomanic
                              That's the same story they fed me but from a different supplier.

It was interesting that when I had a general chat with the distributor, about dive shops closing down etc, he said that normally the only thing that would prevent him sending out goods would be outstanding invoices.

Comment

Working...