Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Divers Warehouse strike again, advertised item 2-3 days delivery - 12 days later nothing and they are now fannying about with my refund.

Thankfully I used my credit card - I would avoid them at all costs in future!

Doing it with or without air. Bantam's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    You sure about that? I thought it was a chap called Peter Prince that owned Comdean. Not disputing the redundant overnight part but he went to work for Aqualung in Leicester drove them into the ground left and now runs a B&B in Isle of Harris Outer Hebrides.
    That was the story I was told by one of the ex staff members from the Old Hill branch who went off to open his own Dive Shop in Stourbridge I think?

Doing it with or without air. Bantam's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I eventually got my refund from DW after hassling them a while and them blaming Beaver. I had to raise a case with PayPal which they eventually sorted.

I'd definitely recommend not using DW any more now - I think we're counting the days here until they go pop, sadly.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    You sure about that? I thought it was a chap called Peter Prince that owned Comdean. Not disputing the redundant overnight part but he went to work for Aqualung in Leicester drove them into the ground left and now runs a B&B in Isle of Harris Outer Hebrides.
    I understand Peter Prince and Geoff Caudwell bought Comdean off of Tony Dean in the mid 1970's. Didn't the partership split in the late '80s when Peter Prince went to MDE / Aqualung for whatever reason.
    Think Comdean went upto 3 shops including one in Worcestershire before Geoff C and partner disappeared off to France.

And as for MDE / Aqualung UK didn't they suffer a loss of trade when Aqualung/USD moved to Apeks following the purchase of Apeks by the parent company of US Divers.

F.P.
    Last edited by F.P.; 17-06-2017 at 12:41 AM.

BSAC Council Candidate 2017 TrevorB's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantam View Post
    I eventually got my refund from DW after hassling them a while and them blaming Beaver. I had to raise a case with PayPal which they eventually sorted.

I'd definitely recommend not using DW any more now - I think we're counting the days here until they go pop, sadly.
    Never quite sure how the scuba industry deals with it suppliers. Roho seemed to offer deals on one set of brands and DW on others, but with little common ground. DW seemed to offer the very best prices on Buddy jackets, so I assume an exclusivity deal was struck, which probably took time and effort to build and is now dead. Shame these deals are the bread and butter of a good scuba shop and are probably now toast. The new look Logo was fine, but its all about the kit, the support, and the stock being there at the right price.

So I suspect the Pop will be sooner rather than later.
    Diving Officer BSAC 9137
    Leeds Beckett University Branch

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Paypal dispute launched on Sat, funds returned today- I will never deal with this Company again.

Morale of the story - stick to the suppliers you always deal with!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789