Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 105
  1. #81
    TDF Member ScottyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    God's country
    Posts
    398
    Likes (Given)
    408
    Likes (Received)
    83
    Divers Warehouse strike again, advertised item 2-3 days delivery - 12 days later nothing and they are now fannying about with my refund.

    Thankfully I used my credit card - I would avoid them at all costs in future!

  2. #82
    Doing it with or without air. Bantam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    York
    Posts
    240
    Likes (Given)
    206
    Likes (Received)
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    You sure about that? I thought it was a chap called Peter Prince that owned Comdean. Not disputing the redundant overnight part but he went to work for Aqualung in Leicester drove them into the ground left and now runs a B&B in Isle of Harris Outer Hebrides.
    That was the story I was told by one of the ex staff members from the Old Hill branch who went off to open his own Dive Shop in Stourbridge I think?

  3. #83
    Doing it with or without air. Bantam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    York
    Posts
    240
    Likes (Given)
    206
    Likes (Received)
    109
    I eventually got my refund from DW after hassling them a while and them blaming Beaver. I had to raise a case with PayPal which they eventually sorted.

    I'd definitely recommend not using DW any more now - I think we're counting the days here until they go pop, sadly.

  4. #84
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    104
    Likes (Given)
    18
    Likes (Received)
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    You sure about that? I thought it was a chap called Peter Prince that owned Comdean. Not disputing the redundant overnight part but he went to work for Aqualung in Leicester drove them into the ground left and now runs a B&B in Isle of Harris Outer Hebrides.
    I understand Peter Prince and Geoff Caudwell bought Comdean off of Tony Dean in the mid 1970's. Didn't the partership split in the late '80s when Peter Prince went to MDE / Aqualung for whatever reason.
    Think Comdean went upto 3 shops including one in Worcestershire before Geoff C and partner disappeared off to France.

    And as for MDE / Aqualung UK didn't they suffer a loss of trade when Aqualung/USD moved to Apeks following the purchase of Apeks by the parent company of US Divers.

    F.P.
    Last edited by F.P.; 17-06-2017 at 12:41 AM.

  5. #85
    BSAC Council Candidate 2017 TrevorB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    691
    Likes (Given)
    44
    Likes (Received)
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantam View Post
    I eventually got my refund from DW after hassling them a while and them blaming Beaver. I had to raise a case with PayPal which they eventually sorted.

    I'd definitely recommend not using DW any more now - I think we're counting the days here until they go pop, sadly.
    Never quite sure how the scuba industry deals with it suppliers. Roho seemed to offer deals on one set of brands and DW on others, but with little common ground. DW seemed to offer the very best prices on Buddy jackets, so I assume an exclusivity deal was struck, which probably took time and effort to build and is now dead. Shame these deals are the bread and butter of a good scuba shop and are probably now toast. The new look Logo was fine, but its all about the kit, the support, and the stock being there at the right price.

    So I suspect the Pop will be sooner rather than later.
    Diving Officer BSAC 9137
    Leeds Beckett University Branch

  6. #86
    TDF Member ScottyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    God's country
    Posts
    398
    Likes (Given)
    408
    Likes (Received)
    83
    Paypal dispute launched on Sat, funds returned today- I will never deal with this Company again.

    Morale of the story - stick to the suppliers you always deal with!

  7. #87
    New TDF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    14
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    More rubbish service from DW, and not much better from PayPal. I ordered 4 small items on 31st May, nothing by 19th June, so chased DW, no response. Took it up with PayPal, and got one item by the beginning of July, rest "to follow". Chased again, no response. PayPal now seem to have decided to close the case, so am having to nag them, too! Won't be trying DW again, and now thoughtful about using PayPal as a buyer....

  8. #88
    BSAC Council Candidate 2017 TrevorB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    691
    Likes (Given)
    44
    Likes (Received)
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearldiver View Post
    More rubbish service from DW, and not much better from PayPal. I ordered 4 small items on 31st May, nothing by 19th June, so chased DW, no response. Took it up with PayPal, and got one item by the beginning of July, rest "to follow". Chased again, no response. PayPal now seem to have decided to close the case, so am having to nag them, too! Won't be trying DW again, and now thoughtful about using PayPal as a buyer....
    I do find this sad, a respected name in scuba kit sales, being hammered into the ground, they need to stop trading and pass the business to someone else, I have fond memories from, the terraced house, the shop on bowling green lane and the final Otter/Divers Warehouse on Wakefield road... The staff from not only the Womacks (senior and Junior) to Ryan who I still see to get my O2 monitor cells changed and Bernard who does work at the portacabin from time to time, and all the other faces I cannot put names to, but they know who they are.

    I completely understand selling a business as a going concern and passing the good name along..but this is painful
    Diving Officer BSAC 9137
    Leeds Beckett University Branch

  9. #89
    Established TDF Member Finless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,990
    Likes (Given)
    2265
    Likes (Received)
    967
    I would suggest to all 'on-line' buyers that IF you want the thing urgently then check with the vendor to see if it is in stock - they may well be buying-in to meet your order and if the manufacturer is out of stock then .......

    With the high cost of dive kit (for example) the financial investment required to hold large volumes of stock (inc diff sizes and colours) is not financially viable and is also costly on the storage front. Not to mention trying to hold stock from all suppliers ......

    Times are hard and no business will want to run high stock levels unless they know they are going to get fast turnover.

    I'm not trying to defend poor customer service but 'just mentioning'.
    Last edited by Finless; 11-07-2017 at 10:45 AM.

  10. #90
    Established TDF Member matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,968
    Likes (Given)
    932
    Likes (Received)
    1170
    And if you are "out of credit" with the manufacturer if could also be difficult to get stock. Not saying they are, but could be part of the issue?

    Matt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Finless View Post
    I would suggest to all 'on-line' buyers that IF you want the thing urgently then check with the vendor to see if it is in stock - they may well be buying-in to meet your order and if the manufacturer is out of stock then .......

    With the high cost of dive kit is the financial investment required to hold large volumes of stock (inc diff sizes and colours) is not financially viable and is also costly on the storage front.

    Times are hard and no business will want to run high stock levels unless they know they are going to get fast turnover.


 
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •