X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doomanic
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by matt
    I've been to a few places with the Inspo over the last 15 years and I chuck it in the grey crate and it has always been fine. 2 cable ties to secure and a note inside.
    Good to hear, what does the note say?
    Very easy flying with BA with the unit in the crate.
    Also good to hear.
    Croatia is lovely. I flew the first time to Dubrovnik and drove to Krnica, and the second time to Zagreb and drove to Vis. Vis is by far the nicer.

Where are you heading?

Matt.
    Flying into Zagreb, then Krnica for 5 days, then a couple of days in Pula and a couple in Plitvice National Park.
    Originally posted by Chrisch
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Comment

• matt
      Established TDF Member
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Doomanic
      Good to hear, what does the note say?
      This is life-support equipment, if there is a problem please call +44xxxxxxxxx

And:

If opened for inspection please use these cable-ties to reseal

Flying into Zagreb, then Krnica for 5 days, then a couple of days in Pula and a couple in Plitvice National Park.
      I liked Pula, I would definitely stay there if I went to Istria again. Not much in Krnica except a pizza shop.

Assume you are taking a car for your trip to Plitvice park?

Matt.

Comment

• Doomanic
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

We've got a car for the whole time.

Comment

• germie
          TDF Member
          • Nov 2013

I flew to the USA last februari with my unit. Loop, scrubber and electronics in carry on luggage. This fits in a carry on bag with wheels. 5 packages of spare lithium batteries too (10 spares). The unit itself was in a normal suitcase. Then it was exactly the 23kg of what was allowed. For cavediving I take 3 backuplights with the XM-L2 U2 led (1050 lumen), and use recharable C-cells. There is no limit on c-cells you are allowed to take in carry on as it is niMh. So I took 9. The lights, drysuit and regulators where in my other checked luggage. The TSA has opened my unit, I put a paper in it with the first page of the Inspiration manual and an explanation with Dear TSA officier, this is scuba diving equipment, please handle with care. If you have questions, call 000000000.
          They have opened my luggage, I found the paperwork in it. But it is allowed to fly with a rebreather, so no problem. On all 4 flights I had to open my carry on luggage, but even that was no problem.

Comment

• Vanny
            Gone diving back later
            • Jan 2013

We've got a car for the whole time.
            We stay at medulin , next to pula. Nice dive centre in camping medulin, shark diving. If you fancy a dip there.

Comment

• matt
              Established TDF Member
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Vanny
              We stay at medulin , next to pula. Nice dive centre in camping medulin, shark diving. If you fancy a dip there.
              Having done Krnica, Shark would be top of my list next time.

Matt.

Comment

• Doomanic
                Established TDF Member
                • Dec 2012

If anyone is interested, I ended up using the green crate. Heathrow staff didn't bat an eye but Zagreb staff made me put it through the oversive luggage section who then dragged me through the bowels of the airport to open it, severely cutting into my lounge time.

Comment

• matt
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Dec 2012

If anyone is interested, I ended up using the green crate. Heathrow staff didn't bat an eye but Zagreb staff made me put it through the oversive luggage section who then dragged me through the bowels of the airport to open it, severely cutting into my lounge time.
                  I had the same in Zagreb. Although I opened the case at the big bag desk and he was fine with it there and then, so didn't miss out on the lounge.

Matt.

Comment

Working...