Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126
Results 1,251 to 1,259 of 1259
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    Quoted from the article linked on the previous page...

"Mark runs the shop by day, while she works her job as the chief executive of the British Sub-Aqua Club."

I thought that was pretty clear and unambiguous.

Might be just me though...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Might be just you. He doesn't appear on any document with Companies House. He seems to be an employee. He is also a councillor for the town.
    Last edited by scuba; Yesterday at 09:52 PM.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    Quoted from the article linked on the previous page...

"Mark runs the shop by day, while she works her job as the chief executive of the British Sub-Aqua Club."

I thought that was pretty clear and unambiguous.

Might be just me though...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    She has someone who runs the shop on a day to day basis - the fact that he is a town councillor is utterly irrelevant - they are allowed to have jobs? Sounds perfectly OK to me. Of course there are those that take exception to Mary and whatever she does. The person I am thinking of will, in all likelihood, put her name just below this post shortly. The trouble is any reasonable points - there are some in there - are obscured by the vitriol and personal attacks.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    She has someone who runs the shop on a day to day basis - the fact that he is a town councillor is utterly irrelevant - they are allowed to have jobs? Sounds perfectly OK to me. Of course there are those that take exception to Mary and whatever she does. The person I am thinking of will, in all likelihood, put her name just below this post shortly. The trouble is any reasonable points - there are some in there - are obscured by the vitriol and personal attacks.

Lets face it Jay everything they do is ok with you. I remember all the excuses you made for them shafting Stephen Martin. It was embarrassing. There literally has been nothing you haven't been eager to make excuses for. It wasn't me who made the comment about her chocolate shop working on this thread but long before this post a person who has extensive and ongoing dealings with HQ said he questioned if she worked full time as she was never there.

I do have an issue with a press release from a PR company BSAC uses about the new BSAC president manages to get a quick reference in about her private business. The line is crossed. This wasn't some business she had before becoming chief executive. It is one she set up and runs while being chief executive.

I think it is reasonable that an employee who is meant to be Chief Executive of an organisation and receives a very substantial salary for that role - very substantial and way over the going rate for an organisation of BSAC's size - to be fully committed to that job and not be the director of another business at the same time. It's called double jobbing. A chief executive role isn't a 9-5 sort of job.

BSAC is an organisation which is being run in to the ground. We have a chief executive who has overseen every single year of the decline.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mary-tetley-1585549

After 29 years she has achieved nothing but constant decline. Her side kick and business partner has been there throughout the majority of the decline. In any other organisation it would be recognised that new blood needs injecting and those that have been unable to stop the decline need to go.

But in BSAC we look the other way because we are unable to manage our employees.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba View Post
    Lets face it Jay everything they do is ok with you. I remember all the excuses you made for them shafting Stephen Martin. It was embarrassing. There literally has been nothing you haven't been eager to make excuses for. It wasn't me who made the comment about her chocolate shop working on this thread but long before this post a person who has extensive and ongoing dealings with HQ said he questioned if she worked full time as she was never there.
    I didn't say that you had brought it up. I don't know what hours she works but whenever I have had to talk to her - in relation to Clubmark - she has always been there and has always been able to answer my questions.

I do have an issue with a press release from a PR company BSAC uses about the new BSAC president manages to get a quick reference in about her private business. The line is crossed. This wasn't some business she had before becoming chief executive. It is one she set up and runs while being chief executive.
    As I don't know what you are referring to it is hard to make comment.

I think it is reasonable that an employee who is meant to be Chief Executive of an organisation and receives a very substantial salary for that role - very substantial and way over the going rate for an organisation of BSAC's size - to be fully committed to that job and not be the director of another business at the same time. It's called double jobbing. A chief executive role isn't a 9-5 sort of job.
    Where does it say that it is the only thing that you can do? It would be a pretty rough deal if the only thing she could do was the BSAC job - I really can't see anyone doing a Child Executive role if they had to eat and sleep that job and do nothing else. If she enjoys running the chocolate shop in her own time then fine because that is what it is - her own time. In much the same way that some people have a hobby - say diving - if it does not impinge on their work, so what?

BSAC is an organisation which is being run in to the ground. We have a chief executive who has overseen every single year of the decline.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mary-tetley-1585549

After 29 years she has achieved nothing but constant decline. Her side kick and business partner has been there throughout the majority of the decline. In any other organisation it would be recognised that new blood needs injecting and those that have been unable to stop the decline need to go.
    And there was I thinking that it was established by you that the decline was not down to lack of new members but a poor retention rate. Retention rates are more down to club level than HQ level though some support / guidance may be beneficial for clubs.

ATEOTD you have got your knives out for everyone on Council - that is your prerogative but just because I don't see the benefit in the personal attacks that you undertake doesn't mean that I have to sit back and watch.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    IMHO the case has been very clearly made for the accusation that HQ seems to care more about themselves than their membership. They're certainly a closed shop that liberally use NDAs (non disclosure agreements) to 'gag' people.

Quite frankly they're not the kind of organisation I'd want to be a member of.

It's a pity though as we need an open and dynamic national organisation to represent and lobby for our chosen sport.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I didn't say that you had brought it up. I don't know what hours she works but whenever I have had to talk to her - in relation to Clubmark - she has always been there and has always been able to answer my questions.

As I don't know what you are referring to it is hard to make comment.

Where does it say that it is the only thing that you can do? It would be a pretty rough deal if the only thing she could do was the BSAC job - I really can't see anyone doing a Child Executive role if they had to eat and sleep that job and do nothing else. If she enjoys running the chocolate shop in her own time then fine because that is what it is - her own time. In much the same way that some people have a hobby - say diving - if it does not impinge on their work, so what?

And there was I thinking that it was established by you that the decline was not down to lack of new members but a poor retention rate. Retention rates are more down to club level than HQ level though some support / guidance may be beneficial for clubs.

ATEOTD you have got your knives out for everyone on Council - that is your prerogative but just because I don't see the benefit in the personal attacks that you undertake doesn't mean that I have to sit back and watch.
    Jay no one will accuse you of sitting back and watching anything. You have your knife firmly sharpen for anyone who dares say anything about those responsible for causing BSAC's problems. For quite a while you had your knife firmly wedged in Steve Martin's back. But hey ho, it makes you feel important.

As soon as someone questioned Tetley's working hours you immediately jumped in and said her business was online and she could work it outside her bsac hours. You were wrong, as you almost always are. But does that stop you? No.

This line proves that you are too busy trying to post that I am wrong to have ever read what I have typed. You simply make it up as you go along. It wasn't that long ago you sent me the big groveling apology after you had intentionally misquoted some of my posts to say the opposite of what I said. I thought you had maybe learnt from that but alas no. I really struggle with someone who intentionally lies to try to "prove" someone else is wrong. The only thing you do achieve is showing a lack of integrity.

The ignore list has let me down as it used to hide your nonsense. I will try re-adding you to it but will also make sure I don't read anything from you. If I wanted an incoherent conversation with someone I would talk to my five year old about why he can't really dig a hole to Australia!
    Last edited by scuba; Today at 08:02 PM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    IMHO the case has been very clearly made for the accusation that HQ seems to care more about themselves than their membership. They're certainly a closed shop that liberally use NDAs (non disclosure agreements) to 'gag' people.

Quite frankly they're not the kind of organisation I'd want to be a member of.

It's a pity though as we need an open and dynamic national organisation to represent and lobby for our chosen sport.
    Well said.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Play the ball not the man
    Rememeber anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Play the ball not the man
    except when the man is the ball. have you not got a chainsaw to go and play with?