• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Strange One.
    Established TDF Member
    • Jan 2016

Easter break suggestions.

Eyup all.

As per the title, I'm pondering booking a few extra days off at Easter and getting away with my OH for a longer break. FWIW, life has been very intense for both of us for the past couple of months, and we need a break. And as much as I love my job, being away from home for weeks on end in a tin box has been quite wearing for me of late, and I want to spend some quality time with OH. If I don't, there seems very little point working.

I haven't got anywhere particular in mind, but was thinking of heading either in the direction of Oban, Eyemouth, or possibly North Wales/Anglesey. I'm not looking at a dive-specific break, I just want to spend some time with my beloved, maybe have a few dives, (shore, sea-loch, boat, don't really mind) and get into the hills. Again, no idea wether to go b&b, self catering, etc.

I appreciate this is a "how long is a piece of string" question, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA, as always.
  • Pete Bullen
    Dive tart, and 'tog
    • Dec 2012

Come and visit me
    Diving, and photography holidays in Gozo
    Private guiding, don't follow the crowd.
    http://oceanfoto.co.uk/

Comment

• drysuitdiver
      Banned
      • Dec 2012

Anglesey or Lleyn peninsula is not bad at Easter, can be a bit busy

a fair bit of shore diving and also great countryside. not too far to dip into Snowdonia either.

Comment

• doggy's doodah
        'Day 1' TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. After leaving the RN (lots of separation) I worked away from home Mon to Fri (lots of separation).

Why not pay (probably) the same amount and come to Spain - more or less guaranteed sun - cheap food and drink and even (if you come to my area) some pretty diving. Or the Canaries - even hotter and better diving too! You have LOTS of airports in your area to choose from to get the best deal. Go on, you know it makes sense!

We can even get Yorkshire Tea here now...........!
        Growing old is mandatory, growing wise is optional.

Comment

• steelemonkey
          Established TDF Member
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Pete Bullen
          Come and visit me
          Ah, Pete is getting lonely.
          Paul.
          If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
          Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Jen - Winged Blob
            Supergnu
            • Dec 2012

Guernsey. Jump on SoG's boat with us as and when for a few dives, explore the island with your OH the rest of the time.

Comment

Working...