• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wwelbourn
    New TDF Member
    • Jan 2017

PADI Dive Theory Exams

Hello,

I am working on developing some pages on my website that help people study for the Instructor and Divemaster theory exams.

I have got the first few pages and videos posted now. I am hoping to get some feedback on the content layout and flow of the site. I don't want to spend many more hours on it if it won't help anyone!!

So anyone who has time and would like to let me know what you think i would really appreciate it.

The site can be found here: PADI Dive Theory Learning Center.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

Will
  • OutOfTest
    Established TDF Member
    • Oct 2013

I just looked at the first page. It could use being a little bigger writing as I found it hard to read, like, its a bit thin. Maybe if it was bold?

But yeah, looks awesome mate.

Comment

• Stew W
      #VanGogh
      • Jun 2013

Will,

get Sundowners to change their happy hours. That would make studying past 5pm possible
      "Depends if you do your ascent on the way up" GLOC 2014

Comment

• greatwhite
        Established TDF Member
        • May 2013

I like what you did (from what I have looked at). I think people will find it useful - you explain thing's well! Steve prior on youtube does some good videos that really help future candidates as well! Having videos like this to watch will make it a diddle for people to pass the exams. The hardest part of the course I thought, was knowing the skills requirements which is not exactly hard if you read what is needed and make a note! One girl from what I remember failed the course, because during the lift bag exercise that she was teaching for the 2nd student, she did not remove the weight belt from the lift bag hoop which was part of the requirement!

Comment

• wwelbourn
          New TDF Member
          • Jan 2017

I am releasing a video on the lift bag skill soon!

Comment

• ScottyG
            Established TDF Member
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by wwelbourn
            Hello,

I am working on developing some pages on my website that help people study for the Instructor and Divemaster theory exams.

I have got the first few pages and videos posted now. I am hoping to get some feedback on the content layout and flow of the site. I don't want to spend many more hours on it if it won't help anyone!!

So anyone who has time and would like to let me know what you think i would really appreciate it.

The site can be found here: PADI Dive Theory Learning Center.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

Will

Check out Steve Prior's videos on Youtube, it will give you some ideas.

Comment

• Spinal
              TDF Member
              • May 2016

Just had a play - like it. My suggest with the quiz would be to:
              - give people time to review wrong answers after they are clicked, before going to the next question
              - when showing all the answers, show what the student selected. I got one wrong, but couldn't remember which one
              - maybe a progress tracker for the questions complete vs. remaining? I had no idea if the quiz would take me 2 mins or 2hrs

Only looked at level 1 - will look at the rest tonight.

Comment

• Spinal
                TDF Member
                • May 2016

Had a look through the others - same comments apply, they all look good.

One query... You have this question, marked with the correct answer as "a - Cannot be determined". Surely if an object is NEGATIVELY buoyant in salt water, then it will be even more negatively buoyant (by 3%) in fresh water... so the correct answer should be C - it would sink.

2. An object is negatively buoyant in salt water. What would happen to this object if placed in fresh water?
                a. The answer cannot be determined
                b. It would float
                c. It would sink
                d. It would be neutral

Comment

• wwelbourn
                  New TDF Member
                  • Jan 2017

Thanks Spinal! You are right, there were 3 other errors as well. These have been corrected now!

I am working on your other suggestions, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...