Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regs in hand luggage in the Philippines

Are banned. You have to check them in as they're on the banned list under Blunt Instruments. Unlike that bottle of Tanduay rum they sold me on board. That wouldn't be much easier to hit someone with. Oh no.
    See http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/ for my Weymouth dive trips and trip reports including Bonaire & Cape Verde in 2015

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How odd, is that the country or the airline that have banned them?

Having confirmed I didn't have any sharp instruments in my hand luggage for my recent Canaries flight, I was somewhat surprised to find that a bracelet I bought onboard was secured on its box with 4 or 5 very sharp staple pins. Apparently they must be fine
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smileydiver View Post
    How odd, is that the country or the airline that have banned them?
    The country. The list actually says "scuba equipment" but I assume they don't think you can brain someone with mask and only apply it to some equipment, but definitely regs.
    See http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/ for my Weymouth dive trips and trip reports including Bonaire & Cape Verde in 2015

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
    Are banned. You have to check them in as they're on the banned list under Blunt Instruments. Unlike that bottle of Tanduay rum they sold me on board. That wouldn't be much easier to hit someone with. Oh no.
    I had the same problem. To the Philippines no problem. Returning from the Phillipines at the x-ray machine before check in, I was told my regs hand to go into the holdall. This is the only country I have not been able to use the regs as hand luggage.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I got regs banned trying to fly out of Birmingham airport a few years ago. Could be used as a weapon apparently.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by String View Post
    I got regs banned trying to fly out of Birmingham airport a few years ago. Could be used as a weapon apparently.
    That's strange I have flown a number of times with regs in hand luggage from Birmingham and no problem, the last time was in September 2016. I think it depends who you getting checking on the day, some have no idea what regs are and say no and the one's who know what reg's are - say go ahead!

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Went to and from Cebu in 2014 with dismantled regs in carry-on. No worries about the regs, but my 'jet' style lighter was a problem... the security guy was perfectly pleasant; he carefully emptied the gas out of it and handed it back to me :-)