X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AxeMan
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Regs in hand luggage in the Philippines

Are banned. You have to check them in as they're on the banned list under Blunt Instruments. Unlike that bottle of Tanduay rum they sold me on board. That wouldn't be much easier to hit someone with. Oh no.
    See http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/ for trip reports including Grand Cayman, Tulum and the Philippines
  • smileydiver
    Not short, just concentrated awesome ;)
    • Dec 2012

How odd, is that the country or the airline that have banned them?

Having confirmed I didn't have any sharp instruments in my hand luggage for my recent Canaries flight, I was somewhat surprised to find that a bracelet I bought onboard was secured on its box with 4 or 5 very sharp staple pins. Apparently they must be fine
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

• AxeMan
      Established TDF Member
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by smileydiver
      How odd, is that the country or the airline that have banned them?
      The country. The list actually says "scuba equipment" but I assume they don't think you can brain someone with mask and only apply it to some equipment, but definitely regs.
      See http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/ for trip reports including Grand Cayman, Tulum and the Philippines

Comment

• greatwhite
        Established TDF Member
        • May 2013

Originally posted by AxeMan
        Are banned. You have to check them in as they're on the banned list under Blunt Instruments. Unlike that bottle of Tanduay rum they sold me on board. That wouldn't be much easier to hit someone with. Oh no.
        I had the same problem. To the Philippines no problem. Returning from the Phillipines at the x-ray machine before check in, I was told my regs hand to go into the holdall. This is the only country I have not been able to use the regs as hand luggage.

Comment

• String
          Loathes Snorkels
          • Dec 2012

I got regs banned trying to fly out of Birmingham airport a few years ago. Could be used as a weapon apparently.
          Random collection of average photos on Flickr

Comment

• greatwhite
            Established TDF Member
            • May 2013

Originally posted by String
            I got regs banned trying to fly out of Birmingham airport a few years ago. Could be used as a weapon apparently.
            That's strange I have flown a number of times with regs in hand luggage from Birmingham and no problem, the last time was in September 2016. I think it depends who you getting checking on the day, some have no idea what regs are and say no and the one's who know what reg's are - say go ahead!

Comment

• OrangeHead
              TDF Member
              • Jan 2013

Went to and from Cebu in 2014 with dismantled regs in carry-on. No worries about the regs, but my 'jet' style lighter was a problem... the security guy was perfectly pleasant; he carefully emptied the gas out of it and handed it back to me :-)

Comment

Working...