Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
    Happy atheist, despite the "evidence"...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I thought I was quite good with my take on the GOP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi
    All of the nauseating GOP interviewees are Casablanca’s Cpt Renault: “I am shocked, shocked to find that Trump and his supporters are behaving this way.”

They have been enabling this for over four years and are now surprised?

This isn't the begining of a beautiful friendship.
    However, this is superb:
    Quote Originally Posted by @FoxholeAtheist
    Watching @GOP attempt to distance themselves from @realDonaldTrump will be like watching someone attempt to unshit their pants.
    The best explanation of how the Trump-inspired fascist mob was able to get into the Capitol came from
    Quote Originally Posted by @lotoysrus
    Why y’all keep asking where the police at? Y’all ask where Miley’s at when Hannah’s on stage?
    That last one resonated with me because a decade ago I was on the way back from Lundy and chatting to a buddy's son who was about five at the time. He wanted to play what must have been a family game called "celebrity heads", where he thought of a celebrity and I had to try to work out who it was. Unfortunately, there was no limit to the number of questions I could ask, but I could not work out who it was that was in his mind. He was convinced I really knew, but was winding him up.

Turned out it was Hannah Montana and he was utterly incredulous that a person had never heard of her. I hadn't, and was instantly relegated to complete ignoramus status.

He started uni last year, but I reckon he's still convinced I really knew all the time. I must ask next time I see him.
    Last edited by MarkP; 08-01-2021 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Just realised I have the dates and / or mate's son's age for the Lundy anecdote ballsed up!
    Happy to be a feminist SJ(K)W snowflake in a godless universe, no matter what some experts think. And Braun was a twat who's not missed. At all.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    Amazing how Trump threw all his rabble under a bus in today’s statement.

But as true Trump believers, they’d obviously interpret it as some other metaphor the great messiah said. Or the pinko democrat MSM edited his statement. Or fake news.
    Not really amazing when you consider that Trump only cares about number 1. I suspect that he was presented with a number of potential outcomes (25th amendment or impeachment), he really had no other option than to try to do something to attempt to recover the situation.

I suspect that the statements today will be interpreted by his followers as being forced on him

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    And the great thing is that he cannot pardon himself for those potential lawsuits as they are not federal and he hasn't been charged. Yet. I wonder if they will give him a special non-orange jump suit so that it doesn't look like he is streaking. Fortunately he is the fittest president ever so prison will not scare him - he will even have some of his own friends and family to talk to inside which will be nice for him.

On a sidenote I wonder if someone has explained to him that by accepting pardon you are also admitting guilt so those that he has pardoned may be forced to testify against him or face returning to prison as they have broken the terms of the pardon. Still, he is the most intelligent president ever so he will know all that already.
    What I am rather tickled by is the thought of him behind bars trying to use his "legendary" negotiation skills on Big Bubba in the showers...

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkP View Post

He started uni last year, but I reckon he's still convinced I really knew all the time. I must ask next time I see him.
    Make sure he's in the company of a few mates when you ask him if he's still a big Hannah Montana fan.

And report back.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Trump should be banned from entering the UK. Save a whole lot of future grief re attempts at extradition. Mind I guess there's a good few would help with extraordinary rendition!
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine – French critic and historian (1828-93)

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Guernsey View Post
    I like his watch. A 18k Rolex Day Date with 18k President Bracelet.

A watch worn by every sat diver I know who worked out of Baku Azerbaijan and by the look of things Kazakhstan's Minister of Culture as well LOL

For shedule D tax purposes you understand. The other was supplied by Comex.
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 11-01-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243